Factory placed Rollbar light switch?

Alrighty, now that ive got my OEM SWB rollbar and lights on my 90 Eliminator does anyone have a picture of how the factory setup the switches for factory fog lamps and Factory over head lights? I have an OEM switch to use and would like to keep the switch pods as stock looking as possible but Ive never seen the interior of an MJ with factory rollbar lights :hmm:

Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks! :cheers:

You don't think that 2 sets of lights running off that switch would overpower it? Also that would pretty much eliminate use of the fog lights on the street if the overheads kicked on as well.... :hmm:

Not if you are using a relay, which you should be doing anyhow.

You could find another fog light switch pod and move the face to your existing pod on the right of the steering wheel. I would want fog and overhead lights on different circuits. :nuts:

I didnt think MJs came with factory rollbar lights. I thought the bar just had the tabs for you to add them. If they did come with factory rollbar lights then they were probably controlled by the switch for the cargo light since it probably wouldnt have a cargo light because it would be behind the rollbar.

My '89 came with a factory roll bar and I have a NOS MJ roll bar lighting kit. On the right side of the steering column is where the roll bar light switch goes...it's on a similar pod as the left side. Don't have photo's as my truck is in pieces.

My '89 came with a factory roll bar and I have a NOS MJ roll bar lighting kit. On the right side of the steering column is where the roll bar light switch goes...it's on a similar pod as the left side. Don't have photo's as my truck is in pieces.

What does the picture over the switch look like?

Rob

G, you can convert a .pdf to .jpg by opening the .pfd file in Acrobat or Foxit Reader, view it full screen, then do a SHIFT/PRINT SCREEN. Then open your favorite graphics program, like Paint Shop Pro, and paste it in as a new image. :cheers:

• 1 year later...

I'd like to acquire the switches on the left side of the column. the fog and rear cab light. With the logos. I don't have the rear cab so i'd make that the rollbar light switch. and the switches on the right would become lockers when i get there.

Yes Relays are a must ;) I also want to run seperate circuits for the Rollbar lights and Fog lights. I think ill just mount an OEM switch in and empy pod and call it good....not that big a deal :thumbsup:

I've never seen an MJ with anything mounted in the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel, but most XJs have something there. Hit the junkyards and get an XJ panel for the left side.