Rquarte's 89' MJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow he did a great job fitting the rear bushwackers. They are a FAR better fit than I have on mine.

I want to talk to your painter! ( for more than that reason LOL) It is interesting to see the additional fasteners he used on the top side of the rear flares, contrary to the factory mounting design. but whatever...it works far better and looks far better than the fit I had prior to paint.

When I refit mine I will be looking at a better way to mount them and or modifications to get a better fit.

I have spoken at length to bushwacker direct to try and generate interest in MJ specific rear flat tops, and sent many many photos to the dude I am dealing with...however with the recent repeated stall in my paint completion those conversations too have become stalled. When I drive mine home after work today (pant pant) I will re-kindle the conversation. If you would be so kind as to send any and all angle photos of the installation/ mounting of the rears as mounted on yours...it could possibly strengthen our case to have bushwacker offer these as a direct fit....who knows but I will most surely try.

YOUR TRUCK LOOKS GREAT!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow he did a great job fitting the rear bushwackers. They are a FAR better fit than I have on mine.

I want to talk to your painter! ( for more than that reason LOL) It is interesting to see the additional fasteners he used on the top side of the rear flares, contrary to the factory mounting design. but whatever...it works far better and looks far better than the fit I had prior to paint.

When I refit mine I will be looking at a better way to mount them and or modifications to get a better fit.

I have spoken at length to bushwacker direct to try and generate interest in MJ specific rear flat tops, and sent many many photos to the dude I am dealing with...however with the recent repeated stall in my paint completion those conversations too have become stalled. When I drive mine home after work today (pant pant) I will re-kindle the conversation. If you would be so kind as to send any and all angle photos of the installation/ mounting of the rears as mounted on yours...it could possibly strengthen our case to have bushwacker offer these as a direct fit....who knows but I will most surely try.

YOUR TRUCK LOOKS GREAT!

Took some pics of the flares just trying to get them off my destroyed phone and uploaded. Standby

Swap in the ax-15 / NP241 rocktrac, keep my eyes open for a suitable front dana 44, front bumper, and build a rear bumper that can protect the rear over hang. Then just little stuff like brake booster swap.

Now I can see what was done on the rear bushwackers to better follow the body line. No wonder there are mounting screws coming down from the top.

Many thanks for the additional photos man, I really appreciate it.

Your truck looks killer dude.

Got the jeep back from the shop today. Much better with the 4.88s.  CAD fix tomorrow so I can at least take her on the beach.

Thinking I need a shorter shaft? :hmm:

Tires rubbing on control arms grrrrrrr. :doh:

Tune up time. Not sure when this stuff was replaced so might as well do it.

New head lights and H4 harness

And I thought this was pretty funny; someone drove past my house and took a picture of the MJ and put it on instagram. One of my buddies saw it and sent it too me haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Little update.  Finally got around to installing the ax15 and 241. Been slowly collecting parts parts to ditch the ba10 and lower gearing is always a good thing :brows:

1996 ax15 from an XJ

1996 241OR Rock trac

Novak shafter assembly

New clutch

Ended up fitting like a glove. New shaft is on its way!

Edited by Rquarte

• 1 month later...