Rquarte's 89' MJ

Little update, weather was warm so I took full advantage.

Out with the old and in with the new.

I'm converting it to an open system so i had to use the new style heater valve

Also got some parts to finish up the interior

This, unfortunately is my temporary fix until I can some how some way find some new B-pillar trim pieces, the PO cut massive holes to fit speakers.

Made up this piece to cover the back of the cab.

installed with the amp.

And now the interior is nearly finished. Just have to figure out what to do with the seats and take it to a headliner place once shes on the road.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured out my headlight issue, the high beams would turn on but not the standard lights.

what was wrong? i have the same issue :hmm:

I ended up replacing the headlight switch and everything worked fine after that

• 4 months later...

Got the Ford 8.8 installed. Still need to weld on some tabs for the hard brake line, extend the brake control, figure out some e-brake cables, bump stops and order some shocks and that should do it for the rear.

Finished up the last few things with the interior and just waiting for the seat to get back from the upholstery place.

Always on the look out for B-pillar trim to replace the ones I have, the PO cut some massive holes in them. Also need to locate an ashtray that's not broken and that should do it for the interior.

• 1 month later...

Small update, front axle is in

Rock Krawler track bar

New brakes

Solid diff cover

Skyjacker stabilizer

4.5" coils with 1 3/4" spacer

RE sway bar relocation brackets

JKS quick discos

RE long arms

Clayton cross member

Bilstein 5150s

I think my track bar needs to be adjusted, the sway bar links seems a little out of wack

Last few things:

Install my dirt bound Aux fans

Get the axles re-geared

Throw in the rear shocks

E-brake cables

Rear bump stops

And figure out what to do with my front drive shaft.

• 2 months later...

Small update:

High flow T-Stat housing installed

Dirt Bound fans installed, these things are sweet!

Cut the fenders hopefully that will be all they need

Have to install these shiny wheel spacers that should bring the rear width to where it needs to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I ask where you got the rear wheel spacers? Thanks in advance. That is amazing work and time you have put into this build, very impressive.

Buck

Those are the G2 axle spacers, little cheaper than spider trax, think I got them from 4 wheel parts.

whered you get that thermo housing?

It's a hesco High flow housing

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=details&inventoryID=43007&catId=7969

Found out the gearing prices! I was quoted 150 for my rear axle and 200 for my front, getting them done at Solofabworks, same place as Cheroke chief. If you want a phone number PM me so I get the email notification :wavey:

That's a good price ill shoot you a pm!

These should look good! classic lock II's and some kevlars!

Also scored a longer front drive shaft from my buddy that no longer has a cherokee, idk what it came out of but it fits perfect.

Need to finish up a few things before I can send it off to get painted and I've really been putting these things off since they're such a pain in the @$$.

1. E-brake cables (can't seem to get a set that will work with the 8.8 i've ordered about 10 cables trying to rig something together

2. Accelerator is very sticky and gets stuck at about 3K consistently. Not sure if its possible to fix the one on there or just order a new cable.

3. Rear brake lines for the 3rd time. I think I've finally settled on a setup that will work.

Just a word of caution with those wheels. If you wheel in a lot of rocks, the rings will catch and very easily bend. I have a friend that had his ripped out of the threaded portion of the wheel. I have the same wheels and I'm almost tempted to remove them before I go wheeling again.

Just a word of caution with those wheels. If you wheel in a lot of rocks, the rings will catch and very easily bend. I have a friend that had his ripped out of the threaded portion of the wheel. I have the same wheels and I'm almost tempted to remove them before I go wheeling again.

Good advice! Love the look of the ring but might have to remove them like you say before any serious wheeling.

no i meant the tires i been talking to a couple guys here in sd and they said they arent making anymore

Got mine from tire rack in 3 days, cheaper than any local shop. No problems that I'm aware of.

Looks sweet! Needa get a long island MJ get together when you get her road worthy

Can't wait!