Rquarte's 89' MJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the tire my buddy's have them and got like a an Offroad warranty from discount tires and any hole or puncture in the sidewall they got a new tire. And of course it was like an extra 100 bucks a tires but sounded like a deal to me

thanks for the info on the thermo housing. ive been looking for one :thumbsup:

No problem, idk if the high flow has any effect but every little bit helps I guess and i plan on putting a temp gauge in the threads since the stock temp gauge is usless.

As far as the tire my buddy's have them and got like a an Offroad warranty from discount tires and any hole or puncture in the sidewall they got a new tire. And of course it was like an extra 100 bucks a tires but sounded like a deal to me

Yea I didn't feel the warranty was necessary, this isnt my daily driver after all. The price on these tires have really come down in the last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Staying red?

Staying red. Little bit brighter though!

wish you luck on 4 to 6 weeks at the paint shop...today is 9 weeks since I dropped mine off.....

Your build is impressive and the truck looks great....what color?

Damn! 9 weeks? What color are you getting yours painted? Very jealous of your rear bumper and tire carrier. I'm also going with the flat flares, Unfortunately I may be forced to keep the stock flares in the back, I just couldn't get the damn things lined up and I'm not going to mess around with it once it's painted. :drool:

the color as I told the painter... will be as close to the same metalic gunmetal as is on the pintler wheels as you can get it without going to a custom color I can't match later when I have the trailer painted. So closest color (in jeepspeak) would be silverstone......

When I get it back will be happy to send pics of the rear flat tops going on...

yeah there is a bit of a gap in the back on the rear body line that you can see on my build thread but I can live with it.

When I hit the bottom of the body/ bumpers sliders etc with spray on bed liner (probably going with lineX. in a complementary dark grey...not black as I had em before)

I am hoping to hide that mis-match a bit more...

I am really diggin your wheel/ tire combo btw....

the color as I told the painter... will be as close to the same metalic gunmetal as is on the pitler wheels as you can get it without going to a custom color I can't match later when I have the trailer painted. So closest color (in jeepspeak) would be silverstone......

When I get it back will be happy to send pics of the rear flat tops going on...

yeah there is a bit of a gap in the back on the rear body line that you can see on my build thread but I can live with it.

When I hit the bottom of the body/ bumpers sliders etc with spray on bed liner (probably going with lineX. in a complementary dark grey...not black as I had em before)

I am hoping to hide that mis-match a bit more...

I am really diggin your wheel/ tire combo btw....

Very nice! Love the gun metal color. I picked out what I believe to be the red on newer cherokees, but I mean who knows what color he actually will paint it. As long as its red I'll be happy.

Would love to see pics of it going back together.

The gap on the fenders wouldn't bother me either. The truck had been side swiped at some point in its life right before the rear wheel well so I think the wrinkle is what as giving me a hard time lining up the bushwackers. Oh well. I think if I can get the old ones cleaned up and maybe painted they should look good.

I did toss around the idea of doing the lower half of the truck in black linex but i'm kind of shying away from that, might be too much black. I like your idea with the darker grey, should be a cool contrast.

Was a pain in the @$$ to find the wheels but I'm very pleased with the way the wheels and tires looked. Plenty of time to get the rings mounted on them now.

Very nice! Love the gun metal color. I picked out what I believe to be the red on newer cherokees, but I mean who knows what color he actually will paint it. As long as its red I'll be happy.

Would love to see pics of it going back together.

The gap on the fenders wouldn't bother me either. The truck had been side swiped at some point in its life right before the rear wheel well so I think the wrinkle is what as giving me a hard time lining up the bushwackers. Oh well. I think if I can get the old ones cleaned up and maybe painted they should look good.

I did toss around the idea of doing the lower half of the truck in black linex but i'm kind of shying away from that, might be too much black. I like your idea with the darker grey, should be a cool contrast.

Was a pain in the @$$ to find the wheels but I'm very pleased with the way the wheels and tires looked. Plenty of time to get the rings mounted on them now.

It does not get any more classic than red & black...looking forward to seeing it painted...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update. Should have it back within the next 2 weeks. I have collected so many parts to throw on this thing in the mean time. Just got my gears yesterday. 4.88 for the 30 and the 8.8. Still waiting on the Detroit for the rear. I hate to put money into a D30 that I know will not last very long but I don't have any other options right now.

Been itching to get this thing back!

• 4 weeks later...

where did you get carpet to fit?

I bought the carpet from accmats.com. Fit like a dream.

Have you been able to find a set of e-brake cables that work yet?

As soon as I get it back I have a few Ideas I've been tossing around to try and get it to work.

• 1 month later...

absolutely fantastic. So glad you got her home. and especially looking as awesome too.

good to see you rockin the flat fender flares, they look great.

Congratulations!!!

Mine is getting real close to that point too.

Looks like you got the flat flares on. I'm planning the same for my project.

Yes. The painted told me he really had to fight to get them to line up he did alot of work to the flares and the body to get them to look normal. I'll get some more close up pics.

absolutely fantastic. So glad you got her home. and especially looking as awesome too.

good to see you rockin the flat fender flares, they look great.

Congratulations!!!

Mine is getting real close to that point too.

Thank you. Can't wait to see yours. I feel like we've been trying to keep each other positive through out this whole process haha. I think yours has been gone for even longer than mine too. There is light at the end of the tunnel!