So who's going to Pete's?

Automan2164

So who is? After not getting any replies to one of my last posts in the main thread, I am taking it here... I really need a rough idea so I have a number when I call the museum.

Just looking for a current list of who is possibly thinking of going to Pete's the weekend of July 23, 24th at the end of this month. I am leaving early on the 22nd, to get there in the afternoon. I'll be staying until Monday the 25th. Pete is located in lower Michigan, by Detroit for a rough estimate of distance.

The plan is to help Pete get most of his fleet mobile, and put names to faces. Drink some beer, and have a good time.

I will try to arrange a group walk through the Walter P Chrysler Museum. I will post more details as I get them. So far, I know Ben (Neohic), and I are definitely in, as Pete (I hope) :D I thought there was a whole group of dudes talking about going, but no one is speaking up anymore...

I will edit and update this list as I hear:

Pete M

Automan2164

Neohic

Mvusse

So who's in?

Rob :redX:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I wanted to, afraid I've got to cancel. Was counting on the GF to share the driving and she just backed out. Had a minor, minor?, stroke the other day so I.m kinda hesitant about trying it solo.

I want to come, but I can't say for sure yet. I have family about 100 miles due west of Pete, so would be good to combine this trip with a visit. I need to work the wife over a little more, and see if theres time to take off work. Ill know more in the next week or two.

Called the museum today, seems everyone is on vacation. I left a message for the only person to be back in office this week. Hopefully hear back tomorrow.

As always, I'll keep you in the loop.

Rob :cheers:

count me plus one now (buddy zach, fellow mj owner). looks like I will be between jobs that week, as I just got a response from a more reputable company. this is a definite 100% certain going to be there.

planning on leaving friday morning, coming home sunday afternoon.

I really wish I could, but my health won't allow it right now. I had enough saved up to be able to make the trip too, but there's just no way I can justify being so far away from my doctors if something does happen.

bummer man. :( I've got 2 hospitals within 10 minutes of me if it helps. can you fly in?

Called the museum today. She's down for us all coming out. If we let her know enough in advance, she will make sure we get a Jeep history buff as a tour guide. I also called the direct number of the guy who runs the archives, and left him a message.

You fence sitters are killing me.

Rob :D

I'm still debating it. It's about 10 hours for me so that's quite a bit of travel for my MJ. My dog would have to come with me, too.

I take my dog everywhere so I'd expect nothing less from you. :)

I'm still debating it. It's about 10 hours for me so that's quite a bit of travel for my MJ. My dog would have to come with me, too.

Good - that's one obstacle down.

Just need to figure out if I can/want to do this 10 hour drive twice in a few short days :D

Yup, that puppy was even present during my nuptials.

You fence sitters are killing me.

Yea - sorry Rob. I know how hard it is to try and plan an event when you've got people dithering back and forth. These days, I need to plan my schedule the week of. My GF doesn't get her work schedule for the week until Monday morning and she doesn't normally tell me until Tuesday or Wednesday - but if she has any days off on the weekend, then I always make it a point to get down to her place in Ocean City, MD to spend time with her/sit on the beach.

Although I want to meet some of you loonies and get some wrenching in. Maybe we can plan a meet and greet at my shop so you all can help me finish my 5.9L MJ project. I need to get that thing rolling and running so it can come with me when I eventually make my move down south. :D

If someone could bring a chainsaw, that'd be awesome. :) got some branches and a small tree that needs to be removed. up to 8" diameter.

I'll borrow one from work.

Just remind me as we get closer.

Rob