So who's going to Pete's?

Automan2164

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gave up hope yet. I can head East on US 50 to Kansas City, St Louis and up, or North to Denver, then Omaha and up. Have room for one or two to share driving and gas. Can still tow bar a MJ. Let me know.

Jim, what MJ do you have up for grabs and how much?

It would be easier to specify what you're looking for. I have 3 '86, 4 '87, 4 '88 and 3 '89. I don't have any '90'S. I'm keeping one '87, my DD and one '86 4wd for winter use. None of them will be over $1500.

Jim, what MJ do you have up for grabs and how much?

It would be easier to specify what you're looking for. I have 3 '86, 4 '87, 4 '88 and 3 '89. I don't have any '90'S. I'm keeping one '87, my DD and one '86 4wd for winter use. None of them will be over $1500.

Want a '92 to bring back? I need to clear a space, and get some cash to give me any chance of picking that diesel up.

You would be one of the few I would trust with it.

Rob :brows:

Trying to finance the trip to Pete's party. Check the 'For Sale' and see if you can help. Also have AX15 and Ba10 transmissions, transfer cases, if it's Jeep I might have it. Will deliver to Detroit. Still have room for one or two peeps to share gas and driving.2006 Dodge quad cab.:cheers:

comanche.gif

Jim - do you have any '87-'90 4.0L engines laying around? I'm in the market for a good running one to swap into our winter driver XJ. Current motor runs but it has a knock.

Is southern Wisconsin too far out of your way?

I have one '88, 3 '89 and two '90. $500 for complete engine, starter, PS pump, AC, or $400 less accessories but including dizzy. S Wi can be on my route. Don't have the mileage on the engines here but they are between 120 and 170K miles. I have ran each of these engines and they are good runners. I also have a couple rebuilders if you want to go that route. $100 each.

I have one '88, 3 '89 and two '90. $500 for complete engine, starter, PS pump, AC, or $400 less accessories but including dizzy. S Wi can be on my route. Don't have the mileage on the engines here but they are between 120 and 170K miles. I have ran each of these engines and they are good runners. I also have a couple rebuilders if you want to go that route. $100 each.

Dizzy = Distributor? I don't need the accessories, I'll vouch that everything on the motor works fine except it has the knock. The XJ is a '90 so depending on the overall condition of the motors available, I'd prefer to go with one of the two '90s to keep things kosher. The way I look at it, I'm going to pull the accessories from my motor either way when I take it out of the Jeep, I'll keep a few parts (going to scavange the EGR tube for sure - the '88 MJ needs it) and the block will go for scrap. If you're cool with bringing me a complete motor, I'll hand you over all of the accessories from mine? Whichever way we do this will work for me.

I had the chance to do the rebuilder thing - but I ended up not wanting to invest the time into it. Time is something I don't have much of these days. Looking for one that I can pull out the old motor and plop the "new" in and we're good to go.

I assume you take cash, especially if I print it fresh for you? What day are you planning on being in the greater Wisconsin area? I'm usually home around 5 CST.

Thought about it some more... Lets just make it simple, bring me your best complete motor and I'll have $500 cash here waiting for you. The XJ is an automatic, doesn't matter what the motor is that you bring, I have the parts to convert it if need be.

I'm glad that I am able to help fund the trip of a fellow CC member.

- Brent

Talked to the head of the archives about the Thunderchief this morning. We won't be able to see it this weekend. He said the reason we haven't been able to see it up to this point is the sheer amount of vehicles in the way of it. He's cramped for room, and its buried among hundreds of vehicles. Also, let's face it, we are most likely the only ones that know what it is, let alone asking to see it.

To complicate things, a couple weeks ago they were dropped off a special project. The current project is so secret that they can't even let the corporate guys though. When I offered to be led blindfolded through the place with a hand on his shoulder until I got to it, he just laughed and told me the project is so big and involved that there is just too much of it around not to see some part of it.

He did say however, that once things slow down here, he will make time to spit shine it up, take it outside into the sunlight, and get whatever we want. He said he could take pictures, measurements, even a video if we would like. Since the auction of the vehicles last year, he said they have a bit more room to stretch, and on top of that, they just had a tenant move out of their building, further helping the cramped quarters.

At the Chrysler museum, you can sponsor a museum vehicle that is in storage. Unfortunately, the Thunderchief is not a museum vehicle, but a corporate one, not usually displayed in the rotation. Before I let him go, I asked about the Comanche club sponsoring it, or getting it into the rotation. He said that we couldn't sponsor it. He did say however, that if he is going to go through all the work to get it shined up and ready for us, that he would see if he could get it displayed as part of the "70 years of Jeep celebration" that the museum is putting on currently.

Just got off the phone, and we are slated in for a museum tour at Noon Saturday. I made it for Saturday because we had a member who couldn't make it Sunday, and this way we can take a break from the heat/rain... The forecast don't look too good for ol' Detroit this weekend.

The woman I talked to was very nice, and was very interested in our club. She told me to do a write up and include some pictures about our club/trip. She said she would love to get it into the Chrysler newsletter that comes out in December.

We will have to get some good pictures!

This time Friday I'll be at Pete's! Less than a week!

Rob :cheers:

If you're talking about my house, I don't much care when you get here, don't much care when you leave. :D It's not like I have a life or anything. I just hope I can get the garage and house in order before anyone sees the state it's in. :doh:

gimme a ring when you get close. :thumbsup:

and speaking of which, anyone coming should pm me for an address and phone number.

what are we doing for food/drink? There's a Coney Island a few blocks away but I don't know if you guys want to go out for food every meal. Pizza is always an option. :D also I have a grill. need to know what to stock the fridge with.

I'm only about 3.5 hours from you. Guessing I'll get there areound 7pm or so.

As long as I can have my hot tea morning and afternoon I'm usually good to go; will bring milk (for the tea) myself, but would be nice if there's space for it in the fridge. Will probably also have some Mike's with me for the evening as I don't do beer. Can also bring some pork chops for on the grill; pizza sounds good for lunch Saturday or Sunday.

Don't have a cell phone to call you when I get close, though.

if anyone has a portable socket set or torx set, I'd bring that with ya. :thumbsup: some of mine are MIA and it's good to have a duplicates of common tools anyway.

also, I seem to be missing 3 lug nuts. :hmm:

Rob, remember to try and grab a chain saw. :cheers:

If you're talking about my house, I don't much care when you get here, don't much care when you leave. :D It's not like I have a life or anything. I just hope I can get the garage and house in order before anyone sees the state it's in. :doh:

A neat house, garage is a sign of a sick mind. It's also a sure sign that some one is just to lazy to look for stuff. :rotf: