So who's going to Pete's?

Automan2164

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I could probably drag my small one with me and bring a regulator. Haven't used it in a while so I'll look it over and see if it needs anything. I'll go with maybe on this one.

i'm in lansing, could make it down fri/sat but not sun(wifes b-day). have a lincoln 140 welder, runs on 120a/c, that i could bring along. any other parts you might need let me know. i have some engine parts/spare rear axle(dana35) and a few other misc stuff. would love to get a couple stickers.

I'll put together a project list. there's no way that everything will get done, but I should make a list so we can figure out ahead of time what can be tackled and what is needed to do them.

...and I could really use a welder...
...I'll go with maybe on this one.

Not looking too likely. Took out my little one last night. Fired it up and poof. The ground on the board has always been a bit iffy and it seems as though it was just waiting for a good time to short. It's fixable, but not without a new board.

Anything else needed? You mentioned spring perches... need any? Random scraps of material? Anything specific that would be easier made ahead of time? Whether it be perches, clevis mounts, silly little brackets for holding whatever... let me know. I've got an open line on just about any material or fabrication tools.

the perches are on the axle and it's already bolted up under my 88. just need the things burned on. tacking would even be ok and then I can putter on down to the pros. if someone could bring a good welder, I have some exhaust issues on the 90 that I'm prepared to weld together in a permanent fashion.

the list so far:

90:

-wire harness issues like the bad fusebox - Pat was going to bring me a whole new harness, but sine he's not coming, I guess I could steal the harness outta the half-a-jeep in the garage (was really hoping to use that in the 88 but the 90 is far worse off)

-exhaust - got a dual exhaust setup that was swiped from a junkyard MJ, but it's doesn't fit very well and the studs on the exhaust manifold snapped off. I'm prepared to weld the whole thing in place and call it a day but I do have a spare exhaust manifold on that half-a-jeep.

-the throttle return spring on the throttlebody is broken

-U-joints need to be installed in the rear driveshaft. (i have the tool)

-replace dr side window crank

-I don't have a shifter jack of linkage for the 242 I installed. I'm prepared to leave it in AWD forever if it came to it.

-needs a floor constructed (I have a "plan" involving glue and screws and galvanized sheetmetal)

88:

-perches need to be burned on

-brake issue (lose all firmness in pedal when engine is running) I have a double booster to install if it turns out the original is bad

-I have a Durango steering box if someone is up for that.

90:

-wire harness... Pat was going to bring me a whole new harness, but sine he's not coming...

-exhaust - got a dual exhaust setup... I'm prepared to weld the whole thing in place and call it a day...

-needs a floor constructed (I have a "plan" involving glue and screws and galvanized sheetmetal)

Maybe see if Pat is still up for giving up the harness. He'd be an hour off my beaten path, but hey... this is an adventure, right? I'd be willing to stop and pick that up on the way.

For the small welding I do have my 110, shelf-shielded welder. Little guy is awesome for exhaust work and floors but not much for anything else. Fits just nice in the truck too.

As for the floor, I actually did the floors in my brother's XJ not too long ago and I still have the cardboard templates I made up. Should I whip up another set and bring them along?... don't worry about material costs either... again, open line.

if someone has a better plan for the floor, I'm all ears. :thumbsup: but the truck needs way more than that to be solid again so my plan was to essentially do the least amount of work to make it less of a flintstone mobile.

also, I have a good friend in need of some work done to her new-to-her 96 XJ. needs a radiator and full gauge cluster with the right engine sensors (and some other minor stuff).

and the rockers are pretty much just fiberglass (previous owner was a boat repair guy). I'm contemplating adding rocker guards (like the ones on the 88) to help keep the 90 in one piece, but that doesn't have to happen anytime soon.

all those projects can be knocked out in no time. even on your own pete! espcially with helpers, you guys should have a decent amount knocked off that list. its quite a ways for me to show up. plus ive got my own MJ issues to reslove :headpop:

and you can say this a million times, itll never get old....the amount of rust you guys deal with seriously makes me sick!

I guess I'll bring the bumper... :oops:

If you don't have one, I've got a good one here in Madison w/endcaps... Came off of one of Correy's Jeeps, yours if you need it.

Ben can stop in and pick it up? I'm assuming he is bringing I-90 or I-94...

If you don't have one, I've got a good one here in Madison w/endcaps... Ben can stop in and pick it up?...

Sure. You... maybe Pat if Pete wants his wiring harness... I might be meeting more of you guys on the road than actually at Pete's!

Its not going to be just the 4 of us is it!?

Dug out and tested my 110 welder. Going to bring it as well.