sliding back window

No.

That's a complete window assembly, with a 2-pane slider. The factory window has a single slider, and all we're looking for is replacement glass.

No.

That's a complete window assembly, with a 2-pane slider. The factory window has a single slider, and all we're looking for is replacement glass.

whoa there -- my rear window is a four panel -- two fixed & two sliders --- build sheet indicates that this was from factory -- GFDA Rear Sliding Window

City Auto Glass, I guess I don't know if they are a big chain or just a northeastern mn chain of auto glass installers, told me they could still get a 3 piece sliding rear window for my my for the small price of 268 dollars installed :yes:

No.

whoa there -- my rear window is a four panel -- two fixed & two sliders --- build sheet indicates that this was from factory -- GFDA Rear Sliding Window

:agree: Mine is also thats why I thought this would work.

Brandon

Edit: see

my best advice is to find a local glass place and see if they can have a peice cut and placed in the existing window for you either that or find another rear window. i culd of had the glass orderd but they said not unless they had the window to compair it to and seeing how mine is completly gone i can't have any peices cut for it wich sucks big time. the rear glass seems to be the most common brokin glass :fs1: . mine evin has the drivers side vent window busted out and replaced with plexi :( i have a spare but just my luck its passenger side.

I have the same problem too: one busted pane in my rear window, the fixed one behind the driver. Nobody seems to have come up with a good solution yet so I am posting so I can be notified if anyone ever does.

Here is my solution. Best I can do to help, might work for some.

When I got the Chief, the center pane was busted out (was 3 piece). I replaced it with another slider.

I propose a thread where those that have slider pieces can offer them for whatever.

I'll start, I still have the old slider that was replaced here. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19487

The glass will come out but the frame has to be disassembled to do it.

Either pane is available for offers under a million bucks, plus shipping.

can't really send the whole frame unless you really want it.

Probably cost a million to ship it. not really worth it as used sliders are still out there for a lot less.

I'd prefer to only let the glass go as needed IE: I need the left side.

As stated ad nauseum many many times here, the factory regulation MJ sliding rear window was 3-pane, p/n 55004224. If you have a 4-pane slider, it's aftermarket, and was available as a dealer installed option or whatever. Like mine. :D Wish I had the 3-pane though.

in my chevy someone busted the slider and driver side pane in a failed attempt to steal my truck.

i replaced with 3/16 plexiglass and its been good since. hold the material up to the window frame you are looking to fill. trace the part and add to the perimeter for the gasket/window channel.

also i have never seen a comanche with a double slider. nice to have.

I lucked out, my MJ came with a 4 pane tinted(in the glass tint). Exactly what I wanted too. Hope nothing ever happens to that cause I doubt I'm ever gonna find a replacement.

like this one

i put a slider in after the flat glass rear window shattered into a million pieces and I'm still cleaning glass out of the back of the cab behind the seats in the truck