18 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I move?

• Tucson, AZ
    • Reno, NV
    • San Diego, CA
    • Taos, NM
    • Attica, IN
    • Canada

Well, Phoenix didn't have much to offer (actually they have everything- except a place to park my trailer)

...so, I'm moving on. I'm going to be driving around the Southwest looking for a new place to live.

Any suggestions? If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

whowey - just making sure you're paying attention. It gets boring going there all the time too.

Moab actually came up in my top places to live at findyourspot.com (word to the wise use a fake email addy) I wonder what the job market is like there...

Well I'm actually wanting to start a little used jeep/offroad shop- but I'm not looking for a place to do that in. It's kind of if it makes sense where I go then great, but I'm not moving anywhere because I can start a business there.

My wife is a business analyst for a big insurance company and it's her job that is important to fit.

I voted Canada... Specifically I'd recommend Vancouver Island. There's some VERY hardcore wheeling there. Just, it's not like the high-traction rock of Moab. And it doesn't snow (much) there, unless you go up into the hills.

Also it's warm enough that palm trees can survive. So, the those who aren't used to the cold don't have a major fit every winter...

Come on Canada is all one place, unless you count the French speaking part separately.

I'm just kidding of course, although I realize that when you say "doesn't snow (much) there" we probably have really radically different ideas about what "(much)" is... ;)

i voted AZ on your list b.c i love the idea of no winter, i hate it when it gets less than 40. and snow makes me mad. But you should move to Kentucky, its not all rednecks and inbreeds like everyone says, they are talking about Alabama ;) jk. This state is beautiful its so green, we have trees everywhere, if you have allergies its not the best place to be, but outside the louisville/ohio valley area its wonderful air. I will die in this state, i love it here.

if you go out west (not BC west but maybe calgaryish) you are pretty much gauruntted to find work. i study was done and seeing as how windsor has the highest unemployment rate in ontario right now, over 7 percent of the population has been found to move out there already....

Canada Rules!!!

and a lot of snow here in windsor is about an inch...

its raining right now... :cry:

if your considering reno, why not Lake Tahoe? Or specifically South Lake Tahoe? Beautiful year round, mellow locals, and great snow! :cheers:

Otherwise, Taos. That place is rad (went there once when i was little)

head to the north east its got everything. snow, summer, hills, flatts, forests, cities. its basically the place to be no matter who u are. and there is some pretty decent wheelin to, not like moab but good places to spend a weekend day with ur buddies :cheers:

well, you know there are only so many things I wanted to put on the survey- However-

Having driven into Tucson I saw:

3 lifted XJs

2 "nice" wranglers (like set up for offroad not bling'd out like in Phoenix)

and (drumroll)

The first comanche I've seen in 2000 miles of driving! It was bone stock and completely rust free... :drool:

I think we may have a winner folks!

(Yeah I know there are probably more Jeeps in Moab, but it's still only 10 hours away from Tucson so I think I can live with that...)

Still I think it's a good discussion and I want to continue to hear opinions.

But you should move to Kentucky, its not all rednecks and like everyone says

naw most of us came from TN...lol :P KY is a beautiful state but i would go back to TN anytime just because thats where i born and it pretty down there too.

I can't recommend Ohio to you. It's a sh*t hole. There is no wheeling. The majority of it is flat and full of nothing but corn fields. It's to humid in the summer and too cold in the winter. Horrible state to live in. I once thought I saw a rock but it was really just a trash bag laying on some corn stalks.

Kentucky is beautiful. So is Tennesee... and the Carolina's.... Never been out west. Someday I will drive my Jeep in Moab.

Good luck wherever you end up! :cheers:

But you should move to Kentucky, its not all rednecks and like everyone says

naw most of us came from TN...lol :P KY is a beautiful state but i would go back to TN anytime just because thats where i born and it pretty down there too.

I am from NC and stationed in SC and I still am planning to move to east TN when I retire from the AF (17 years and counting :D J/K) but i love TN I am actually spending most of my Christmas break in Pigeon Forge. Also you are really close to Tellico plus the mountains are wonderful (except the tourist :headpop: ) Just an Idea for ya....

Cole