18 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I move?

• Tucson, AZ
    • Reno, NV
    • San Diego, CA
    • Taos, NM
    • Attica, IN
    • Canada

[i am actually spending most of my Christmas break in Pigeon Forge. Also you are really close to Tellico plus the mountains are wonderful (except the tourist :headpop: ) Just an Idea for ya....

Cole

say "hi" to Dolly for me.... :D

Jeff

I will be at dollywood one of the days cause my nefews are going with us and they want to take them for some reason. I guess ill freeze my @$$ of cause its 70 degrees here at shaw still. Still excited to go I love it in that area.

Cole

Looks like on this upcoming trip I'll only be there for a couple days around Christmas. But when I return, I'm putting massive amounts of hours into fixing my trucks and getting this site where it needs to be. Then once the 88 is functional again I plan to drag it down to Georgia and stay for a couple weeks or so. I'll update everyone once I can narrow the dates down.

I can't recommend Ohio to you. It's a sh*t hole. There is no wheeling. The majority of it is flat and full of nothing but corn fields. It's to humid in the summer and too cold in the winter. Horrible state to live in. I once thought I saw a rock but it was really just a trash bag laying on some corn stalks.

>Snip< Hello Ohio, Welcome to Illinois. Want flat? From the roof of my house I can see the college 50 miles from here, or Iowa take your pick.

>Snip< Hello Ohio, Welcome to Illinois. Want flat? From the roof of my house I can see the college 50 miles from here, or Iowa take your pick.

Come on, Iowa has really nice rolling landscape compared to Indiana, sure it averages flat, but I'd rather drive in Iowa any day.

Just don't pick southeast Michigan. I swear I live farther than anybody else from good wheeling. :( Plus the job market sucks.

its not too bad around here. ever been to martinsivlle? rd out in new boston, some decent trails and hills with some mud.

by the way i live about 27 seconds from your house pete

Unfortunately, now that I've seen Moab and RORP and the trails through the mountains of Colorado, I realize how much we gravitate to anything that's even remotely muddy. :D There's a seasonal road south of us that locals like to tear up after it rains. Might be shut down now though. I haven't heard anything about it for a couple years.

BTW, 27 seconds in which direction?

Hard to find?! Phooey on that. I picked up my latest in Toledo for $300 and all it really needed was a new slave cylinder and a floor (of course I can't stop there). They are out there if you look hard enough. And dirt cheap if you look long enough (and can fix things yourself). Finding a rust-free one for sale up here? Now that's hard. :(

Are you on greatlakes4x4.com yet?

Found an MJ and all it really needed was a floor... :rotfl2:

My dad gave me mine, the second one anyway, sans floor needing a clutch and to be converted to 4wd. And it was completely coated in black greasy dirty grease-dirt. I'll never do that again... the floor that is. I'd convert a rust free 2wd any day. Cleaning the gross crap off sucked too.

I voted for Taos, but you need to realize that Taos is really a small town, and I don't think your wife is going to find any big insurance companies (or any big any other kind of companies) there to work for. It's basically a tourist trap, and a rather pricey one at that.

Next choice IMHO would be Tucson. Tucson is a real city. It's farther south than Phoenix, but not as hot. Lots of great desert wheeling around there (just gotta watch out for the coyotes, and I don't mean the 4-legged variety), and mountains both east and west of the city. There's also a good-size university in Tucson, so there's probably a better chance of your wife finding a job.

it was really cool to crawl around the mountains to the east. a lot of people shooting up there. there was at least one fully automatic rifle, and probably 100 people shooting in various areas.

I only went back in for about 10 minutes as my TJ isn't set up and I didn't even have a hi-lift with me, but having someplace to go anytime and do lite wheeling would be awesome.

The problem with Tucson is finding a place to rent. I've been here a week today and I'm no closer than I was when I rolled in. There are a ton of houses for sale but the rentals either don't have any pool access, are overly expensive ($1295/mo next to 7 identical houses for sale @249K isn't my idea of a good deal) and most don't have any driveway space to speak of.

I'm going to look at one today that will cost me an extra $1400-ish because the streets are so small I can't even get my car trailer in the neighborhood much less the moving semi, and if I park my MJ in the driveway the back 8" will actually be in the street (and it's SWB!).

Other than the actual finding of a house to rent instead of buy, one that you can park something other than a car at anyway, Tucson has been really great.