This is why I lock my door even when I'm home...

Philistine

...and why I own a gun.

Armed robbers try to force their way into west Sparks home on Thursday night

Police said they went to a home at 2533 Maxine Circle No. 12 at about 11:36 p.m. on a report of a robbery. Police said a man and woman were at home when they heard a noise outside their door. Police said the man opened the door and two suspects, one armed with a handgun and the other armed with a shotgun, tried to force their way inside the apartment.

Try that $#!& at my house and you'll be leaving feet first.

Yep. That's all well and good, and I agree 100% and have many guns around the house. But with the current administration you'll probably be in more deep kimche than the intruders should you blow someone away defending your home. Unless you live in TX that is. :D Support the nra_logo.png.

The sad thing is your right don the criminals have all the rights and you reminded me I need to renew my NRA membership.

PA is working on this now, http://blog.pafoa.org/2009/11/11/castle ... -pa-house/

Alabama signed that into law on April 04, 2006 with a majority House vote of 82 to 9 and State Senate vote of 30 to 2. The NRA had a lot to do with it. :cheers:

The ensuing conversation about gun control reminds me of something a friend told me in tech school. He was in his 40's, from Jersey, with the biggest Jersey accent imaginable. How he got to a tech school in the midwest is beyond me, but I knew he was going there so he could learn mechanics to work on an oil rig. (Which he actually ended up doing) Anyway, being from Jersey, he was never accustomed with guns. He couldn't have one on him, and didn't own one.

So when he moved to a southern state (GA?), he called the local police department about the gun laws. He got the dispatcher, and asked if guns were allowed on your person or in your vehicle, and she said yes. He responded with, "So your telling me, I can have a loaded gun, just sitting on the passenger seat of my truck?"

He said there was a pause on the other end, and then the reply:

"Well what the hell good is it unloaded?

Still laugh about it every time I think of him.

Rob L. :D

I have a sign up saying "property protected by any means necessary".

several of them, actually. if someone doesn't see it, or ignores it, it is a full legal disclaimer. I have made the local sherrif's department aware of this, too. something my grandpa and dad taught me.

If you have to resort to lethal force, do not shoot to injury shoot to terminate. if you injury you will more than likely be sued and lose and you will have to take care of the dirtbag for the rest of his/her life.

yup. I only keep my walther p22 loaded. it's a .22 cal hand gun...cheap, easy, effective...and will do twice as much internal damage, with 10 rounds at easy access.

the rifles don't stay loaded. parts for WWII era guns are not cheap and can be hard to find...trying to save wear and tear.

In 1962 I paid my $100 bucks and became a Life Member In the NRA. Best $100 bucks I ever spent. In 1985 Colorado signed into law the "Make my Day" Law, Immediately followed by the Clint Eastwood movie of the same name. This year Colo enacted the 'Castle Law" enabling a home owner or occupant to use any force necessary , including deadly, on a intruder without fear of charges or lawsuit. Sidenote. In 1951 or '52 my aunt living in Kansas City, MO shot a guy trying to crawl thru the window at 2AM into her house. She was alone with 2 kids. A blast from a 12 gauge stopped him. The top half fell into the living room and his legs were sticking out into the porch. The cop who investigated helped her pull him completely into the room. Either Mo law or KC law stated the intruder had to be completely inside the residence in order to legally shoot him. Nice cop. She was a farm girl and grew up with guns.

yup. I only keep my walther p22 loaded. it's a .22 cal hand gun...cheap, easy, effective...and will do twice as much internal damage, with 10 rounds at easy access.

Agree. Walther's are my preferred handgun. My preference is the old school P38, the decades proven 9mm. Fast, accurate, and versatile. I have three P38s, and two PPK .380s. Mama and the daughters are all very good with the PPKs, a normally homicide or suicide aspirated handgun.

In 1962 I paid my $100 bucks and became a Life Member In the NRA. Best $100 bucks I ever spent.

Me too Jim. :cheers:

Almost all home invasion type robberies are crooks robbing crooks.

thats actually true. you just don't hear of innocent ppl getting invaded. the news likes to keep us all paranoid and distrusting of our neighbours. - its good for their business.