Does anyone else get as excited as me when....

1tonMJ

No excitement here. I have 2 within a mile from me. A ragged out Sporttruck thats DD'd like mine and a 1990 Eliminator 4x4 with 37k original miles, original owner with a salvage title, no longer licsensed, just used as a farm mule. I tried to buy it a couple of years ago, he wanted $4000 :ack: .

I once exploded into a frenzy of orgasams when I found out not only is my Manche the only one within 20miles that runs, but that my Manche was bought here in New England, raised here in New England, and still lives in New England and is mostly rust free!

...when you have the only Comanche in Comanche County....

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Comanche, ... CBsQ8gEwAA

I haven't seen another Comanche on the road here in years. Just the Sport Truck I found in the JY. I travel to Waco, Temple and Ft Worth quite often, don't see em there either. When I lived on the Front Range in CO, I'd see them all the time, and absolutely tons of XJs and a smattering of MJs. That's when the Jeep bug hit...I think CO is as close to Jeep heaven as you can get.

Ive got several near me. Ones a white sporttruck or pioneer, i don't remember because its always going the other way. Its got some serious cancer. Then theres a green repaint that i can't tell what model it is, and a black longbed with a dark blue bed and a rollbar with lights, believed to be a 4x4, just sits, never moves. Then theres my 87 2.5 4spd 2wd

I haven't seen another Comanche on the road here in years... I travel to Waco, TEMPLE and Ft Worth quite often, don't see em there either.

Here I am! :waving: There are a few floating around Temple. Only one other nice one though, I gotta stop the guy and talk to him.

I'm not alone anymore, I'm so happy now!

Yeah I was driving around Spokane, WA today and seen at least five. There's a couple back home around the Wichita area but we will only see each other maybe twice a month if that. Never see five in one day. And 3 of them had Roll Bars... WHERE DO I GET ONE??

I haven't seen another Comanche on the road here in years. Just the Sport Truck I found in the JY. I travel to Waco, Temple and Ft Worth quite often, don't see em there either. When I lived on the Front Range in CO, I'd see them all the time, and absolutely tons of XJs and a smattering of MJs. That's when the Jeep bug hit...I think CO is as close to Jeep heaven as you can get.

I've seen a few on the road around me - a silver one drove right by me in Worcester a few months ago! I was too busy being shocked to wave. Saw a black one with a plow frame on the front down near Foxboro a while ago - apparently one of the other CC guys (forget username) probably knows the guy.

Other than that, I'm about the only one... there are a few CC members in CT but I haven't seen them on the road yet. Three MJs have gone to the you-pull-it I haunt in the last 6 months though, I've got most of the important-ish parts off them, figured it was me or the crusher. They were a red LWB 88 (Pioneer I think) with terrible rot, column shift (didn't have time to pull this :(), and 4x4, a blue SWB 88 (Sportruck) with terrible TERRIBLE rot, a manual trans, and 4wd, and a really really nice black SWB 92 (!) with almost no rot (just around rear wheel wells as usual), manual trans, 2wd, etc. I was extremely sad to see the 92 there, it had minor repairable front end damage, if the junkyard had let me buy it whole I would have. Instead I bought the A/C delete setup (passed on to another NAXJA member), tail lights, height sensing valve, rear fender flares, rear tailgate, and bedliner. The bumper was getting kinda rotten at the bottom edge so I didn't pull it, in hindsight I should have.

EDIT: oh yeah... there was the black SWB w/manual last fall that got killed by C4C. I was PISSED to see that one go, had I realized I would be buying an MJ in the near future I would have bought the bed off it, it had no rot and only one significant dent. I bought the headliner out of it, it had barely separated at all. Wish I could find and damage the person who sent it to the yard in exchange for being shafted by the feds.

i live in a very small, isolated comunity up the west coast and theres about 10 here (3 of them are mine). theres quite a few on vancouver island too. ive missed quite a few deals by being dumb, cheap , slow or lazy. ( and sometimes too lazy to give the needed long explanation to the wife--lol) .

I had the only one outside of Rob's for a few months, but lately there's been 3-4 of 'em in town on a pretty steady basis. At least mine's the least rusty and the only one sitting at an absurd angle :yes:

...my Manche was bought here in New England, raised here in New England, and still lives in New England and is mostly rust free!

My Manche was bought new in Bend OR in 86, purchased by me used in 07 in Bend OR, and it currently resides in my garage- only 18 miles from where it was bought new. The only proof I have that its ever been out of state is it has a Ellsworth AFB sticker that expired in 06 on the front window. Still.

I just transplanted mine in Dallas. But that is more than 50 miles I suspect.

• 2 months later...