LUND moon visor

It would be a bit of work to make fit, as the rooflines are different. The MJ has a higher roofline with more arch right at the front, whereas the XJ is flatter with less angle to it. It's feasible, yes, and might even fit without modding, but it will sit at a funny angle (downward more than normal).

Both "Moonvisors" that I have, I bought used. Don't recall either one of them being sold as XJ or MJ specific. Now you got me wondering. Just ran outside, put my "Moonvisor" on the MJ and then the XJ for comparison. Besides the XJ having stiffening ribs in the roof, which doesn't affect mounting, I'd have to say no difference. You'll have to take my word on this, I would have posted pics, but I don't have any way to hold the visor and take a pic. I'm here by myself. Neither mock up XJ or MJ, seemed to produce weird angles or would look improper after installation.

Lund made two distinct visors with different part numbers for the XJ and MJ. The MJ visor is Lund p/n 55433 and is stamped on the upper right corner of the visor.

Man beat me to it, but yep. Although similar, def not the same. Got one in the attic.

Rob L.

• 6 years later...

It would be a bit of work to make fit, as the rooflines are different. The MJ has a higher roofline with more arch right at the front, whereas the XJ is flatter with less angle to it. It's feasible, yes, and might even fit without modding, but it will sit at a funny angle (downward more than normal).

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, WolverineCub said:

Looking for one of these. I see the numbers a mixed up. Got one? Or the correct Lund #. I know it's and old thread but there must be one out there.

The correct Cherokee and Comanche part numbers are in post #8 of this thread:

I found it by using the search function for "Lund Visor" here on the Comanche Club.    Using Google search for "Comanche Lund Visor Part Number"  will get you some pictures that may help you even more.

57 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

The correct Cherokee and Comanche part numbers are in post #8 of this thread:

I found it by using the search function for "Lund Visor" here on the Comanche Club.    Using Google search for "Comanche Lund Visor Part Number"  will get you some pictures that may help you even more.

The part numbers are swapped in that thread... 19040 is MJ and 19030 is XJ

1 hour ago, WolverineCub said:

OK, Thanks. Does anyone have a Lund #19040 Sun Moon Visor for Sale?

Let me double check the part number before you buy one.  My memory may be wrong.  Wanna make sure you get the right one.   If you happen upon a lighted MJ visor on your search,  I'll trade you my lighted XJ one for it.