Roll Bar Pictures and Descriptions

I have a factory roll bar that comes with the pioneer version to the best of my knowledge. The build sheet says that the truck came with one. I just bought the truck and how you see it is how I bought it.

the factory rollbar could be added to any level MJ. :thumbsup:

BJA 814,

Dude, I must say while it may not be the purdyest MJ here I LIKE IT!!

I have a folder on my laptop labeled JEEP PIX and in there is a folder labeled awesome jeep shots, your last pic just made the folder. I LOVE the military look of it!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

IMG_1402.JPG

Any idea who made/makes those bed rails? I like that look too!! :brows:

CW

Seeing as how I started this, I figured I'd report in on the roll bar we lucked up on. We picked it up last night.

Found it on Craigslist. Not a factory roll bar - came off a Nissan Hard Body pickup. However, it is not a Nissan factory roll bar. It is some sort of aftermarket roll bar, but it fits with no modifications whatsoever.

Here are the pictures:

Before roll bar:

After roll bar:

The fit inside the bed (not yet bolted in):

I was not real crazy about the "double" bar next to the cab, but I like the overall look of this bar. And I could not be more satisfied with the fit.

Thanks to all who have posted pictures and shared information.

CWLONGSHOT, I like how you extended the width of your bar to match the width of the cab.

I don't have that option on this one, since it does not curve out as it goes up (as yours does).

Nor do I have the welding skills or tools you possess!

But for us, this is going to work just great.

Thanks for the comments.

That does look good. Most roll bars made for other trucks are either too high or low w. the roofline, or have to be modified so the legs sit correctly on the fender well and don't straddle the pinch weld. This one looks like it fits well in all respects. :cheers:

I really like that one.. especially where the front feet land right in the correct area. I seriously dislike the rear foot location.. But the bar follows the cab nicely. And the truck looks much better without those bed rails.

BJA 814,

I have a folder on my laptop labeled JEEP PIX and in there is a folder labeled awesome jeep shots, your last pic just made the folder. I LOVE the military look of it!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CW

Thanks CW! I'll have to get some pics up with the new tires and the SS whippie!

here's the pictures that were requested...

There isn't much room between the bed and the cab, but it fits. There is a little section at the bottom of the bed that needs to be clearanced, I just used a little prybar and pushed it out of the way a little.

Here is a pic showing the notch I had to make in the top of the bed. Its not the prettiest, but I plan on making a plate that wraps around the tube and then welds to the top of the bed to help tie it in more.

Here is the clearance between the tube and the body. There is probably anywhere from 1/8" - 1/2" of clearance to the bed depending on the location and about 3/16" to the body in most spots. The bed is on the left, and the cab is on the right. The bottom is welded to my rock rail, which is welded to the frame. I plan on adding a diaganol brace to help triangulate the rock rail for more strength as well.

Here is the foot plate to the wheel well

Here is the tie in that goes from the foot plate to the frame, had I thought about the tie in sooner, I could have made the down bar longer and cut a hole in the wheel well and tied it in directly to the frame.

If you want a specific picture, let me know and I can go snap one.

BJA 814,

IMG_1402.JPG

Any idea who made/makes those bed rails? I like that look too!! :brows:

CW

As far as I know they are universal bed rails that were chrome then painted black. I'll be rhino lining them here soon with the rest of the bed.

Olive drab wheels....yes yes, this might work. How about black rhino lined faces with olive drab insets and jeep?

• 1 month later...

MGalleryItem.php?id=2065

MGalleryItem.php?id=1765

I made it with 1.75 .120 wall DOM with 1.5 .085 wall DOM cross braces. Light bar rotates up and back for tight trails and long summers when the sun doesn't set. I have some more stuff I want to do to it just haven't had time.

The strength to weight ratio of bigger tube offers little benefit. For the weight of the truck the 1.75, .120 wall DOM is almost over kill. I wanted to keep as much of the bed useful as I could and bigger tube would not have aloud that.

I should get some photos of how I have it mounted, but the front has 6 1/2" bolts per side and the rear 2 1/2" bolts per side.