1990 Rebirth ('97 Conversion)

I ordered a custom touch for the interior today. Nothing huge, but I think it will make a nice improvement. The good thing about it though is once mine is done, anyone else can order their own.

Hmmmmmmm. I can't think of anything Ryan. Your interior can't be improved on much.

Haha! Not yet. I have nothing to show. Its been ordered, but since mine is the first, it will probably take a little while. Hopefully I'll have something to show in a couple weeks. You guys are probably going to be disappointed; its not that big of a deal.

trying to reread the thread and it looks like you are still running a modified MJ tank, is that right? Hows it working out? Mine came with a TJ tank and XJ pump/sender. Its mounted all the way in the back where the spare tire used to be. The filler comes up thru the bed floor.

Nice TJ. ONe of my favorite colors.

Details?

Its a '97 Sport 5 speed with A/C and that's it. I don't mind the color, but everyone keeps telling me its girly. I just put four new to me tires on it (Yokohama Geolanders, 30s). I spent all day Saturday cleaning the interior. I de-greased and pressure washed all the carpet. Vacuumed and wiped down the floors and cleaned all the interior plastics. It was rather gross. I'll be putting a new soft top on it with tinted windows and I'm going to get the doors and and hood repaired. Both doors have been dropped and the hood looks like someone danced on it. The rest of the paint is in good shape and the seats are fantastic for 157k miles.

Then I'll drive it for a couple months and sell it when it gets warm. I like it though. i had forgotten how much I enjoy driving a TJ. This is my 4th TJ, but its been almost two years since I had my last. I'd kinda like to try an LJ, but I've never spent that kind of money on a Jeep (at least the purchase price).

Its a '97 Sport 5 speed with A/C and that's it. I don't mind the color, but everyone keeps telling me its girly. I just put four new to me tires on it (Yokohama Geolanders, 30s). I spent all day Saturday cleaning the interior. I de-greased and pressure washed all the carpet. Vacuumed and wiped down the floors and cleaned all the interior plastics. It was rather gross. I'll be putting a new soft top on it with tinted windows and I'm going to get the doors and and hood repaired. Both doors have been dropped and the hood looks like someone danced on it. The rest of the paint is in good shape and the seats are fantastic for 157k miles.

Then I'll drive it for a couple months and sell it when it gets warm. I like it though. i had forgotten how much I enjoy driving a TJ. This is my 4th TJ, but its been almost two years since I had my last. I'd kinda like to try an LJ, but I've never spent that kind of money on a Jeep (at least the purchase price).

I like to drive TJ's as well. The wife's is a 4 cyl and I still like to drive it even though it can't get out of it's own way.

I like the color... Girly? WTF? It's not like it's baby blue.

I loved the yellow one you posted the pic of sometime earlier. Yellow is my favorite TJ color. The steel Blue/Gray you have is my second fav.

I'm like you on the LJ, like them, but wouldn't pay the price for initial buy in.

Just curious, what did you pay for this one?

I like the color we have a 97 TJ and a 2000 XJ in the family that are both this "steel blue" (for lack of a more informend knowledge of the correct name)

I actually considered it for Bucky, as it would lend itself to the agate interior I am working on.

fuzzy dice in rescue green....hmmmmm.

Just curious, what did you pay for this one?

I paid $5,500, but it needs some work. A couple big things and some smaller things that add up. The next cheapest 4.0 with AC that I could find was $7k and it needed everything. Wranglers seem to hold their value very well around here. Hopefully I can turn a small profit in the spring.

What an unbelievable truck! I just read your whole build thread. So awesome! You did a great job man

Thanks! Its been a lot of fun and I still have a wish list of things I would like to do with it, so I don't think it will ever be "done."