Anyone got a 2WD 'manche??

Swanny

I've been on this forum for like a day and it seems pretty much everyone here has a jacked up 4x4. Are there any mean street machines out there? My last truck was a 2001 F-150 2WD. I like all trucks, not just big 4x4's.

This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But if you guys have some good pics of "street" 2WD trucks, I want to see them jamminz.gif

brett m master of all things lifted comanche-wise and master of all things AW4 was startin a 2wd street build.

and a couple guys have done v8 swaps, that might interest a 2wd streettruck owner...

(mines not lifted and 4wd is useless for now due to u-joints so do i count as being a 2wd streeter?) :D :D

welcome and :cheers:

I've always tried to be more subtle. I have our addy in all my sigs and try to answer questions by referencing specific threads here when possible. Heck, I still can't seem to get some of the guys from the Yahoo group to switch over.

I'm one of the few members on here with a stock 2WD and I have no plans to modify it. It still serves the purposes I bought it for 17 years ago and I hope to keep it running another 17 years if I can because I still love driving it. This site is a goldmine of information even for us non 4x4 folks and I have learned more about my truck in the past year than in the previous 16 years.

Many thanks to Pete and the rest of the contributors for what we have here!

I'm currently down to only five MJs. Two are 4WD and stock (one was lifted when I bought it and I took out the lift), the other three are 2WD and stock. I may convert one of the 2WDs to 4WD but I don't plan to lift any of them. I'm not into extreme wheeling, and the short wheelbase MJs wheel pretty darned well in stock form.

I enjoy wheeling, but there are plenty of Cherokees to chop up for that. When it comes to MJs I'm more interested in preserving them than I am in destroying them.

Hence my sig line ...

This has probably been answered a thousand times before... but how hard is it to change a 2WD shortbox Comanche into 4WD? Can you just get a donor Cherokee? Can you put in the full-time 4WD SelecTrac system????

If you've got the donor rig it's pretty much swap over all of the parts that are different. You might run into issues with the gear ratio. And you will need to get the rear D/S shortened.

Eagle wrote-

When it comes to MJs I'm more interested in preserving them than I am in destroying them.

:bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Sorry to hear that your down to only 5 MJ, But I'm sure your looking for some new stock, I hope.:clapping:

This has probably been answered a thousand times before... but how hard is it to change a 2WD shortbox Comanche into 4WD? Can you just get a donor Cherokee? Can you put in the full-time 4WD SelecTrac system????

It's bolt-in if you buy the right parts. Do your homework. I personally wouldn't buy a whole XJ for parts seeing as you'll be stuck with either stock gearing, or a trans that doesn't match (all depends on what you have now). What are you looking for in the end? That will help us help you figure out what the best parts would be.

I'm currently down to only five MJs. Two are 4WD and stock (one was lifted when I bought it and I took out the lift), the other three are 2WD and stock. I may convert one of the 2WDs to 4WD but I don't plan to lift any of them. I'm not into extreme wheeling, and the short wheelbase MJs wheel pretty darned well in stock form.

I enjoy wheeling, but there are plenty of Cherokees to chop up for that. When it comes to MJs I'm more interested in preserving them than I am in destroying them.

Hence my sig line ...

Anytime you want to give up one of those 2wd MJs to someone who will keep it 2wd. Let me know. :brows: