$100 88 MJ Megan Joy

Just picked up my 2nd MJ yesterday. (from the REZ)

Call it Megan Joy because of the MJ (of course) and because Megan Joy is my daughter's name.

My first MJ is Mary Jane as seen here.viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13953

Paid 100$ bucks for it. Got clear title with it. 98 % rust free.

Put a battery and gas in it,aired up the tires,removed the ice machine and the rollbar from the back of the truck (PO wouldn't let me keep either one ). Put the nuts back on the fan pulley (somebody stole the fan) Made sure the fluids were full,fired it up and drove her the 30mi to my friends shop.

Stopped at the dump on the way to the shop,cleaned her up a bit and this is what I ended up with.

Check out the lift kit- front and rear springs (not AAL for the rears) LCA drop brackets,extended shocks.

Pics of the engine compartment.

Check out the dip stick wired to an injector,"REZ STYLE......."

Looks like they had an oil leak...........

Now the bad:

BA-10 ready to live up to it's name,I have a replacement for it. Harmonic Balancer "doing it's thing",got a replacement for it also.

Brakes need to be gone over.

Tires shot.......what can I expect for a hundred bucks?

Future plans:

The kid I bought her from "Rode her hard,Put her away wet" He told me that he could spin out all 4 tires,then he said he didn't know he shouldn't do that because of the BA-10. The truck was full of empty beer bottles,and spent shell casings.

Almost forgot a pic of the gun rack.

Uh Oh I think I might be having a flashback. :eek:

Since I'm starting school next month, and I already have a lifted build going on, and don't have an extra set of 31's laying around,I think I'm going to take the lift off of the truck,return it to stock ride height.

Tune it up,fix the mechanicals, dings and dents,give it the easy life for a while.

I think I'm just going to use it for a grocery getter.

Got an aluminum topper for it yesterday for 25$ bucks.

Maybe,in the future things will change, as I'll still have a lift kit for a Comanche stashed away somewheres...............

Ahhh the rez rides , i almost forgot about them , i sure miss those kinds of trucks. ill have to see if i can dig up pics of what i had when i lived up there :brows: . well it looks like u scored on this one jamminz.gif

Quote: "looks like a big wad of chewing gum". You mean the tiger decal?

Done pealed it off already,can't even tell it was there.

Quote: "I would never find anything like that in Indiana". You mean the tiger decal,or a big wad of chewing gum left stuck on a door....

:eek: :brows: :laughin: :laughin: :laughin:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my $25 dollar topper installed.

Would have took a better side pic of it but "Somebody" (My friend who owns the ranch and some of the other Jeeps sitting around ,9 including mine) put another donor next to it.

Wonder why he did that? Seem that the white XJ you can barely see to the left of my truck has a good dash,knee panel

and all the other interior parts I need for this truck. Made the "deal" parts are mine.Updates in the future.

Pulled the bench,removed the brackets,will be putting buckets back in.

Ugly carpet

My friend is going to take the steamcleaner to it.

Floor pics

As you can see, the DS is going to need some attention. The damage is mostly surface rust,but does have one small

rust pinhole. Chances are,I'll end up putting a lot of work into this area,because I won't like it if it's not right.

After further investigation,I realized that the wire in this pic is not to hold the dipstick on like I thought, but to hold the

crankcase vent into the valve cover. I'll address thes later when I start the engine work,tune up,etc.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in a while,but I have been working on this truck some.

I found the cause of the floor damage/rust.

This is a pic of the A-pillar above the DS mirror,with the door closed.

and I thought my welding skills were a little lacking. :shake:

Lower Hinge and Door Check

Just a little out of alignment

The hinges on the MJ were pretty well gone so I sourced a replacement set from my donor XJ.

I took the replacement hinges off with my hinge removal tool. :brows:

Did the "no weld" fix on the upper. But I did weld the hinge to the plate for extra strength.

On the bottom,I cut a piece of 1/8" plate,welded it to the outside of the pillar where the original hinge was welded.

The way I see it,the plate spaced the hinge out 1/8" over stock,easily adjusted out with the door hinge.

Door and body done.

When I put the door back on,I used regular metric hex head bolts in place of the Torx fasteners.Makes door adjustment super easy.I also replaced the two on the inner fender next to the A-pillar with the same.

Might get paint next year.

I also repaired the headliner,floor,totally replaced the dash (with a better one),Replaced the windshield,replaced the bench with buckets.

Fixed all the dash,interior,exterior lights. Added under dash lights,even got the B-pillar lights to work properly.

Next order of business will be to finish the interior,then change out the BA-10 with another out of the XJ.

Why another BA-10? Because this truck only cost a hundred bucks,the other truck,Mary Jane,got the AX-15 and all the goodies.

So far I got about $300 in this truck plus my time.The other truck,$4k+ and it's still no where nears done.Oh Well.........

• 2 weeks later...

Got the interior 98% done, all that's left is to install the rearview mirror, put the stock radio back in, install the dash, and steering wheel covers. I even fixed all the stock stereo wiring so that all the speakers work.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the door panels and speaker grills the way they are though.

The door panels came out of an XJ that had power windows.

Next on the agenda is to swap out the BA-10 for one of the same that's in my donor XJ.

• 1 month later...

Replaced the pukegoat, and 231 with another from my donor XJ.

Rebuilt front and rear driveshafts.

Replaced rear slider with another.

Before:

After:

Did a DIY project post on the backglass install here:http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19487

• 2 weeks later...

After putting the driveshafts back in, I found a massive amount of play in the front axle U-Joints,caused by these.

Good thing I found them, hate to think what could have happened if I found them "The other way", they look like they were run dry for quite some time.

I have one of those C-Clamp things that you can change U-Joints with, I used it once but found it kind of awkward to use and haven't used it since.

I plan on doing some ring and pinion work in the spring, so last year I bought this , busted U-Joints fear It!

The press was definitely one of my better investments.

Wish I would have bought the material stand that folds into a V shape, It would have made holding drive shafts much easier.

While I was at it, I also greased the front end, inspected the front unit bearings, brakes, changed the diff. oil and locked the CAD over.

All that is left on the front end is to check the toe.

I plan on doing some ring and pinion work in the spring, so last year I bought this , busted U-Joints fear It!

The press was definitely one of my better investments.

Wish I would have bought the material stand that folds into a V shape, It would have made holding drive shafts much easier.

While I was at it, I also greased the front end, inspected the front unit bearings, brakes, changed the diff. oil and locked the CAD over.

All that is left on the front end is to check the toe.

YUP, This is a handy item to have in your arsenal!!! I am going to build myself one over the winter!!!

CW

Swapped rear bumpers, put new rear shocks on (got from a CC member), filled tranny, TC, D35 with new fluids, greased all fittings.

My friend said "why don't you paint the bumper before you put it on the truck?", He's all about paint and looks,

I believe he thinks paint and chrome makes his truck worth A Lot More.

This truck might get paint, maybe in five years, or tomorrow, but I doubt it. :rotfl2: