ok. when do you consider yourself stuck?

brdhntr

ok, first off, i didn't have a camera with me so i didn't get any pic's.

today at the dog club i was bladeing the road to get rid of the ruts and help it dry out. i decided to take the blade and run through some of the drainage ditches. i've been through all of them several times this year already. well i got to the deepest one and was moving right along as usual. then the blade hit something that stopped the tractor instantly and made the tires start spinning. before i knew it i was throwing mud everywhere and not moving an inch. i was stuck.

to make things worse, i was in about 2' of water. i had waterproof boots on, but they aren't 2' high. so into the cold muddy water. i went and got the mj to pull it out. there was no dry ground so i found the least wet spot. i hooked up the tow rope and gave it a yank. 20 minutes latter the mj was buried in the mud and not moving. i considered it stuck and called my wife for back up.

while waiting for the cavalry, i got back in and cranked the stereo to chill a bit. i guess ac/dc gave me momentum. i started to get it moving and got it out under it's own power. so i parked it on dry ground and admired the mud all over it. :banana:

the wife and kids showed up with the suburban and i decided i would pull the tractor from behind. i stretched out all the tow rope i had but the front end was still at the edge of the water. i gave it a yank and moved the tractor a bit. it just wasn't enough to do anything. the suburban sank as it was just sitting there. so the suburban was now buried. my wife was not very happy with me. so i went and got the jeep. i tried pulling the sub backwards and things just got worse. so i swung around and hooked the jeep to the front. a couple good tugs and i had it moving. both trucks were on dry ground and unstuck. that made for a much happier wife.

so after all this i decided to call it quits and leave the tractor sit for now. i'll go back tomorrow and use chains to get the vehicle to drier ground and pull it out. i have a buddy set up to come help. i will be wearing waders tomorrow.

so if i would have given up on the jeep, it may still be there. if i would've given up on the suburban, well, the wife wouldn't be talking to me. i did give up on the tractor though. so at what point do you consider your vehicle stuck? after getting 2 other rigs stuck? or never give up? did ac/dc really get the jeep unstuck? :yes:

what do you mean by "blade" on the tractor?? everytime ive ever got the tractor stuck i just tilt the bucket to the inside, pick up the front end and lift the bucket to the outside. pushes back about 6 inches. i found it works really good. saved me a time or two for a pretty sticky situation.

Back in the day before I wised up........My parents had a long driveway which once you plowed the snow several times had nice big banks on both sides. It was an unusual winter in iowa and we got alot of wet snow towards the end of winter..anyways...came home from a friends house alittle on the shouldnt be driving side :ack: turned to sharp and ended up on top of the bank on the side of the driveway in my stock 89 jeep xj. In the state I was in I got out with the vehicle in 4wd and watched it spinning the tires on its own on idle :nuts: :clapping: . My jeeps tires were 3ft off the ground all the way around. Luckily my parents were out of town that weekend, but i woke up the next morning and walked outside and couldnt figure out where my jeep was...walked the driveway and then saw it. I wish I would have taken a picture. Man the stupid stuff you pull when you are young, granted I am only 27 now but...... So i spent I don't remeber how long chipping the ice from under the jeep just to get it down. Lesson learned I guess :smart: That is when I knew I was stuck

you know you're stuck when you're in a stock XJ with the left rear tire barely touching the ice/snow/ground while standing on the rear bumper, and the right front tire being in the bottom of a 3' deep hole that wasn't there the last time you drove threw that dirt road in a chevy lumina...

stuck?

what is the meaning of this word "stuck"? never heard of it. I'm sorry I must be a newb at this...

when a friend has to rescue you... :rotf:

n1052381797_30292255_4927.jpg

what? what are you talking about? ...I was merely pulling you backwards down the hill, because gravity seemed to be negated by your truck that day. :brows:

actually, the photo was just taken at a scewed angle....I'm going uphill, wade is the one who's stuck :rotfl2: image_209027.gif :cheers: 8)

I was a "little" stuck...I buried both back wheels pretty good in some pretty loose sand, but it's didn't take a huge tug to get me out, So I could have probably dug a little sand, and gotten myself "un-stuck", but I took the lazy rough and got a little pull.

img3816.jpg

There was another 16 year old kid in a full sized Dodge Ram 3500 that was buried to the frame and grenaded his pinons yokes on both axles....was pretty gnarly... I passed out long before I found out how they finally got him out.

I consider myself stuck if my vehicle can not get out of wherever it is under it's own power without outside help and without a winch.

:agree:

If you can't drive it out under it's own power ... it's stuck.

When all 4 tires are rotating, but that is all that's moving. :shake:

For example when the front axle is high-centered on a log.

Or the tires need to be aired down just a wee bit more

Or when you're following in the footsteps of 38" tires

JeepSkool stuck (not me, though):

They tried to winch every direction, the only way it would budge was backwards. But then something snapped and this is how it came out:

The guy with the "Staff" shirt in the last pic runs the show. He was not amused. That was one of his trail leaders in a stock Jeep who decided he could run a trail meant for hard core rigs...

what do you mean by "blade" on the tractor?? everytime ive ever got the tractor stuck i just tilt the bucket to the inside, pick up the front end and lift the bucket to the outside. pushes back about 6 inches. i found it works really good. saved me a time or two for a pretty sticky situation.

the blade i was refering to is just a plow blade for snow plowing or leveling dirt, etc. this is an ag tractor not a heavy equiptment type. it does not have a bucket.