seat idea

So i really like the stock bench seat in my mj and have considered the bucket swap, but never really found or sat in any buckets that i liked enough to swap in. And today i rode in my sisters jeep liberty. she has an 03 libby with black stock buckets. and surprisingly i liked them more then i probably should have. has anybody done this swap? the libby buckets to the mj that is. i know id need to make completely new mounting brackets. but since they are not power seats that shouldnt be to hard. i know people swap the xj buckets but these are alot nicer i think then buckets i hav in my 01 xj. what do you guys think? any thoughts/ suggestions?

i'm not sure if this is the right section for this, as i was just thinking out loud and thought the "pub" would be the right place to babble. :cheers: - Cody

The buckets in our 06 Libby are some of the worst seats I've ever sat in. In my humble opinion of course. Well, mine and my entire family's opinions. The seats are uncomfortable for long trips and the fabric will stain from contact with pure water, let alone other liquids. :fs1:

Ive been contemplating a liberty seat swap to replace the broken down buckets in my mj. I just found out today that a local jeep only salvage yard is having a seat sale and selling liberty ( among other models) seats for $50.00 each. Gonna take a ride out there this weekend.

My mom's 2008 liberty has a pretty cool feature. The front passenger seat folds all the way forward making the back of the upper portion a table. Maybe an option in 10 years when they're easier to come by. :)

fold_flat_front_pass.jpg

PT Cruisers had that option as well.

• 3 months later...
The buckets in our 06 Libby are some of the worst seats I've ever sat in. In my humble opinion of course. Well, mine and my entire family's opinions. The seats are uncomfortable for long trips and the fabric will stain from contact with pure water, let alone other liquids. :fs1:

I know this is an old topic, but our '06 is the same way. WTF? 23k for the Renegade package and the sweat from a water bottle stains the seats? :nuts:, and a 4 hour trip to the beach is like riding in my old '88 Mitsubishi P/U? If anybody sees Liberty seats in the JY leave them there that's where they belong.

I feel like I'm riding on the roof when i drive my moms libby... those seat in my mj would make me have to cut a hole in the roof for my head.. and very uncomfortable on long trips.. Pete nailed that one.. the only good thing about them is that their power..

I'd like to have a bench if for no other reason than to get more than one passenger in the front.

Are there any bench seats i can swap in pretty easily? mJ's aren't very common here and I have never seen a bench in the front of an XJ.