"Smokey" 1st build

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that photo was when it was first done, it sports 4:56 cogs, lock rite in the rear, it currently runs 35" bfg muds, on the MT streetlocks, posi lok up front, that's coming out, it's an 87' with the front clip and doors off of my 93' XJ, that was totaled by a drunk, while it was parked. Outten Co. Jeep sent me out a snorkle, which is installed now. I've had this truck to Paragon , Rausch Creek, and the Badlands offroad parks, and I took it on a couple trails in Jellico when I was down there covering a rock crawling event. at the Badlands. Troy and Lisa, the old owners, took me and a group on their private trails and we got into some areas where we had to make a trail to get out of, awesome time. Kyle and Stephanie, now own the Badlands, great people, they use to own Paragon, until the money grubbers wanted the land for an airport, which was recently shot down. Our loss here in Pa. and the Badlands gain. anyways, you all have a great site here. if you all ever get the chance check out my clubs website, we are doing some cool things http://www.bigrubbers4x4.org I'll be back.

Bear

it has the 5 speed and the old 87' renix system with the closed loop cooling, although I have been lucky, no over heating problems. next up is the newer brake booster with the double diaphragm, plus I am making some new fender flares out of sheet metal 1/16" and tubing, sorta the flat fender look and also increase the body panel strength around the wheel openings, I'll post up when I get it done come Spring. I angled the rear axle upwards and welded new spring perches, to do away with the need for a sye. 4.5" coils up front with 2" pucks, the rear was just a axle flip. I done some fender trimming on the inside of the bushwackers up front and have had no problems on or off road. It also has a cat back dual exhaust and a hi-flo Green filter. A rollbar and rear bumper are also on the list for this year, along with a new paint job.

western,Pa. here

Bear

I was there in 06' doing an article for Low Range, about the "Badlands Bash". So you have had the chance to meet Kyle and Stephanie? I have a photo somewhere, where this truck went up the steps backwards because I didn't have enough weight n the back to help the locker, I'd get so far and then just start smokin the tires.

Bear

I was there in 06' doing an article for Low Range, about the "Badlands Bash". So you have had the chance to meet Kyle and Stephanie? I have a photo somewhere, where this truck went up the steps backwards because I didn't have enough weight n the back to help the locker, I'd get so far and then just start smokin the tires.

Bear

yeah, talked to Kyle for a couple minutes. I've been going there since 2000 when they had the superlift series. that was a fun time. remember watching troy jump an explorer in the pit at the entrance. have it on video too.

Thanx guys, as it goes with everyone, it's never done. JustEmptyEveryPocket

during the next paint job, I am not popping out the dents, they are all story tellers, lol, as I call it my Custom Body work courtesy of the Paragon,Rausch Creek, and Bad Lands Offroad parks. plus a few of the trails we have here in my backyard, just outside of Johnstown,Pa.

Bear

Steelers! AH.......Its already Dallas Colors (which are also Yamaha Colors) I like that :D ...lol

Na it'll look great Black and Gold as well i think.

Also not to hijack the thread but when the fender project comes around and the Bushwackers go, keep me in mind I'm going to be looking for a set eventually :thumbsup:

the original color of the truck is the Silver, the blue came in from my XJ, as I used the front clip and doors off of it. yes, I'm a huge Steeler fan and have been getting ribbed the past few years for using these colors,lol, so I said when it came time to re-paint it will be the Steeler colors. as far as the bushwackers go, there is some trail rash on the driver set, a notch taken out for the snorkel, I still have the piece and it can be "plastic welded" back onto it, the rear on the drivers side has a crack in it, but not that bad, the passenger sides are ok. I'll be doing this in the next couple of months, so if you want them you have first dibs, and it looks like your are not too far away. I'll take 150 for the set.

Bear