"Smokey" 1st build

RAIN!!?? get a tarp man, try working outside in FREEZING rain, now that's a fun experience, you can barely open your eyes because they are getting impaled by chunks of ice, laying in a pile of snow that is slowly soaking into your clothes so when you get up you weigh an extra 80 pounds and then try changing out of the clothes in a 2 story house with a little woodstove in the bottom half for a heat source... good times, good times. alrighty then now that that is out of my system,

YOU HAVE A SWEET MJ. And I also think it is sweet that you are a writer for 4x4, how did you land this job exactly? Is there some kind of crazy networking story where a friend knew a friend or did you go apply for it or something? Would be interesting to know thanks, and great build

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid my dues working in the cold and slop over the years. as you age, you build it to last so you don't have to lay in the cold and fix it. I'm redoing Smokey with some upgrades this year, Now that I have the parts gathered up I can get started.

I got into writing by combining two hobbies, being a wheeler for over 30 years, I wrote about what I liked. I started out writing for on-line magazines, 4x44u.com and 4x4tv.com, first print article was in Xtreme magazine, then I was contacted by Low-Range and wrote for them for a couple years, my last magazine article was last yr in JRations, I also do a couple columns here in my area for newspapers. I'm working on a article I am going to submit to Offroad Adventures.

Bear

dang it.....I was in Johnstown over the weekend (had to make an emergency trip up, mom's in the hospital and an aunt fell down a set of steps and broke her hip in four places :shake: )......and I forgot to bring that tailgate handle with me for you :headpop:

I'll probably be back up within the next couple weeks though, I'll make sure to bring it.

Jeff

damn Jeff, don't fret about the tailgate handle, how's the family doing? I did look for you at the Open House. it was a good turnout, 12 new club members, and 3 new Kids for our BSA Venture Crew. just send me a pm and we'll get together whenever you come back up this way, and give my best to mom and your Aunt.

fash, I can sympathize with you being in Maine, your further north than I am. I'm here in the mts. of western Pa. as far as living the life,lol, I'm just like everybody else, just older than most. I have my 2 sons living with me, 21 and 16, moved them here to the mts. near where I grew up, from the city life near Philly, 4 years ago. what I like, I can literally go out my back yard and go wheeling.

well I fabbed up the template for the new rear fender flare, Once I get someone to take some pics for me I'll post up my rendition of fender flares. I had some major body cancer to cut out, treat, and repair. I also trimmed off part of the fender, behind the rear tire, and am gonna make a bumper that comes around the side and replace that area, so to speak, with the bumper. got to change a fuel pump in my XJ tomorrow and then get back on the truck.

I've got the same luxury w/ 67 acres of heavily wooded land with logging trails from having a skidder up in there, I just don't have the working rig to go out and play yet :fs1: getting there though, only a matter of time... and work... and money... and finding parts... ahh the life of owning a Jeep good luck on the fender flares