interiors

:dunno:

i've got burgandy, i've seen a dull blueish grey and a grey color. i've seen bright red and a bright tan too. what else is there?

anyone have a black interior?

Yes, the earlier years had black interior. I have the dark blue interior, but there was a smurf blue as well.

quick pic of the black one anyone? I'm going to rattle can all the chrome in my burgandy but wanna see what all black would look like.

i sure as hell know what it would smell like! :ack:

n69205416_32738723_6706.jpg

n69205416_32738724_7024.jpg

n69205416_32738728_8265.jpg

those are pretty much all of the pictures I have of my interior...I think.

some of it's vinyl dyed (like the rear and lower panels), the headliner is something that I did, and most of the dash, all of the seats, and center console, are OEM black.

on the topic of interiors. i just noticed a sunroof on a comanche. cool. i'm going to look into this one. i bet if i go down to the giant automotive jy (3 in 1) i could salvage or just cut the roof off some luxury vehicle with a massive sun roof and just cut a hole in mine and weather strip that bastard in place. jamminz.gif

on the topic of interiors. i just noticed a sunroof on a comanche. cool. i'm going to look into this one. i bet if i go down to the giant automotive jy (3 in 1) i could salvage or just cut the roof off some luxury vehicle with a massive sun roof and just cut a hole in mine and weather strip that bastard in place. jamminz.gif

be careful. the contour of the roof will trick you...it's very hard to seal if the sunroof doesn't match the roof contour-wise.

Kmack,

What is the point of a sun roof on a Comanche? You can not open it, because there is no place for the glass to go. All you can do is let some light in.

That said, I remember my father-in-law's 1964 VW Bug, it had a fabric sun room that opened up by folding on itself. Might be the best thing for an MJ. What do you think?

My Passat has a sun roof and my old Camry had a sun roof. Unfortunately, I left the sun roof on the Passat tilted open for ventilation during the last rain about 2 weeks ago. Biggest 24 hour rain fall in several years for San Diego. Got the interior soaked. Stupid me. Still, find I do not use the sun roof very much at all. And when I had a broken cable fixed on the Camry, it cost me about $700. On the other hand, son has the car and he uses the sun roof. So, what ever works for you is great.

Can tell you that a leaking sun roof is no fun - even in San Diego.

For what it is worth, the Camry was purchased new by my mom and dad in 1989, they drove it for 12 years, I drove it for 4 years, and my son has driven it since. Rock Solid car that will go anywhere, anytime (on the highway). Only 150K miles on the factory 2.5 litre V6. Rear main seal leaks oil, but that is it.

What is the point of a sun roof on a Comanche? You can not open it, because there is no place for the glass to go. All you can do is let some light in.

Can't open it? Pop-up sunroofs were a factory option on Comanches:

EDIT: I may be wrong, since I can not find an MJ sunroof in the parts manual, only an XJ. They were probably dealer installed on the MJs. I think Wade's (89eliminator) sunroof is one of these.

Kmack,

That said, I remember my father-in-law's 1964 VW Bug, it had a fabric sun room that opened up by folding on itself. Might be the best thing for an MJ. What do you think?

My Passat has a sun roof and my old Camry had a sun roof. Unfortunately, I left the sun roof on the Passat tilted open for ventilation during the last rain about 2 weeks ago. Biggest 24 hour rain fall in several years for San Diego. Got the interior soaked. Stupid me. Still, find I do not use the sun roof very much at all. And when I had a broken cable fixed on the Camry, it cost me about $700. On the other hand, son has the car and he uses the sun roof. So, what ever works for you is great.

Can tell you that a leaking sun roof is no fun - even in San Diego.

For what it is worth, the Camry was purchased new by my mom and dad in 1989, they drove it for 12 years, I drove it for 4 years, and my son has driven it since. Rock Solid car that will go anywhere, anytime (on the highway). Only 150K miles on the factory 2.5 litre V6. Rear main seal leaks oil, but that is it.

I've got a factory sunroof in my 86. It does pop up, so you can also let some nice cool air in. Open the windows, and you can feel the air sucking in the windows and out the roof. However, it does leak under extreme situations, usually carwashes. Not sure if the seal is replaceable or not.

I thought the sunroof was just some gimmick, but I really enjoy it. Believe it or not, it also seems to help at night, since the factory interior lights suck so hard.

So......I know Mr. Hornbrod was waiting for me to jump in........

Yes, the XJ had the "factory" option for the sun roof, that was adapted to the MJ also.

The factory sunroof also had a drain tube on each side to help prevent the sunroof from leaking into the interior, with the tube running down the A pillar.

15" x 30" sunroof can be found Here.

17 x 17 His 'N' Hers sunroofs can be found Here.

Drop me a PM with your zip and I can give you a quote on the above items.

Of of the fleet of MJ's I have.........3 of them have sunroofs, and I like them :D

Yes Mr. Wildman Sir, I have been anxiously waiting for your expert technical input. What took you so long? :D Sad thing is that CRL no longer offers the black matrix glass with their sunroofs, at least not for the 15" x 30" model that I have. The black matrix glass is by far the best sunlight blocker. I like a sunroof for air movement, not for burning the top of my head off. But they do make an interior attachment called a Sun Shade, and that works very well too. Thanks Bob. :cheers: But if I could find a black matrix glass, that would be better..........

Har. When you get sick of banking all those big bucks you're pullin down Bob, you too can retire and enjoy! Seriously, now that we've completely hijacked this thread, do any of your MJ fleet members have the black matrix glass? Maybe we can talk trade??? Huh? 8)

I don't think we Hijacked this thread.........just added additional information to it :D

I'll check tomorrow when I'm over to the shop, but I know the one does not have the black glass..........I'll check whats there.

Oh......and the big bucks.......well, just have to buy more MJ's then wouldn't I :yes:

I don't think we Hijacked this thread.........just added additional information to it :D

Good point. The subject topic was rather broad. :D

I'll check tomorrow when I'm over to the shop, but I know the one does not have the black glass..........I'll check whats there.

Sounds good.

Oh......and the big bucks.......well, just have to buy more MJ's then wouldn't I :yes:

Can't think of anything better to spend your hard-earned $$ on Bob. Except maybe Miller HL. :cheers:

My ’87 has a black interior, it was an AMC thing….and a sunroof too (not sure if it is OEM or not). It's nice, but it turns into a pizza oven in the summer.....

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

the red exterior was the more likely case for a black interior from what I have seen if you want to go hunting for a good match.... my 88 came with sunroof from factory and I believe they said it used to have a dark gray interior (it is red exterior) I also found a couple red ones with the black interior... actually buying one as I type that has the black interior jamminz.gif

Id like to put a sunroof in the 86 AFTER I line-x and strip the interior... not fun when everything starts to rot because of the seal leaks... lost the bench seat to mold on the 88 :ack: