10 sec 1/4 mile in an mj

project88mj

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a pickup truck can hook up. It just takes a very well thought out suspension.

I have seen a S10 with a blown 350 and nitrous pull 6 seconds on a 1/8 mile. That thing took off like it came out of a slingshot.

I agree that a pickup truck can hook up. It just takes a very well thought out suspension.

I have seen a S10 with a blown 350 and nitrous pull 6 seconds on a 1/8 mile. That thing took off like it came out of a slingshot.

Hey!!!! I was going to post those videos!!!! :mad: Oh well, you beat me to them, and thats definitely a 1/4 mile and I think it is easily done in a 401. And since the comanche is light in weight it has a really fast pick-up and 10 secs is easily believeable.

And who cares if its possible or not, there still really cool videos. jamminz.gif

plus in one of the videos, the description says he is testing out a new "Cal-tracs type suspension". also he has slicks and internal rollcage. plus i've seen vids of it with a toolbox in the bed that definatly wasnt full of tools...

also, look at the thing twist on take off.

You can do all kinds of things with any motor if you really want to. I saw a volkwagon rabbit run a 7.6 quarter with the original 1.6L motor(SAW at a track, not a vid), but converted to RWD. The wheelie bars were almost as long as the car.

Hey guys! That's my old junker in the videos. Thanks for the kind words, except those that thought it was an 1/8 mile. :ack: j/k

It's a 90 Eliminator, used to be 4x4. It's been to Moab a couple times and a few trails in CO. These days it's just a street/strip truck. 401 built up on nitrous, fuel injected on E85. TH400, stock 44 rear with 3.31 gears and Alloy shafts, cage, whatever else it took to meet the NHRA rules for 10's. If I could ever get it down near sea level and keep it halfway hooked up it should run in the high 9's as is.

Oh, the flashy LED thing in the cluster is a Prologger wideband/ nitrous controller. It's also my only tach, I really need to hook a shift light up to it.

These trucks hook up fairly well, anybody else on here into hotrodding them?

-Jon

These trucks hook up fairly well, anybody else on here into hotrodding them?

-Jon

Mine is slowly making it's way to an all around street performer....very slowly. :wall: I don't want to go all out to the extent you did as it will probably always be my daily driver...but as the funds roll in I'm hoping to build a 4.6-4.7L stroker motor, lowered 1.5" up front and 2" out back on some wider tires with a D44 out back. Those are just basic plans, though :smart:

We will see how long it takes me to get anything done though as I'm in a tight money bind at the moment :shake:

Thanks for the kind words, except those that thought it was an 1/8 mile. :ack: j/k

Welcome, and I was just kidding about the 1/8 mile. :rotfl2: Where do you run? I'm 23 miles from Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) in Sonoma California, the drag strip here is 20 feet above sea level :yes: . You need to come out here!!!

89eliminator, the toolbox contained the nitrous bottle. It's now between the seats up front..

SoloCamo, sounds like a good plan! That D44 should take all you can throw at it.

I'd love to get down to sea level with it some time, now that fuel costs are down a little it might be workable at some point.

The shop I work at has a Mustang dyno, widely known as the stingiest chassis dyno. It put down 550 corrected. Pretty sure I could take it to a Dynojet, more or less the universal standard and show 620-ish. Here she is purring away at Bandimere. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/401- ... 198313.htm

For comparison the tired old Renix 4.0 it had when I got it did 104 on a Dynojet.

-Jon

edit: livin' in Northern Colorado