10 sec 1/4 mile in an mj

project88mj

I kinda hotrodded mine with a stock 1984 350ci. It perked her up a bit when I tore the 2.8 otta there. But I blast through the mud and not the quarter. :yes:

Hey guys! That's my old junker in the videos. Thanks for the kind words, except those that thought it was an 1/8 mile. :ack: j/k

It's a 90 Eliminator, used to be 4x4. It's been to Moab a couple times and a few trails in CO. These days it's just a street/strip truck. 401 built up on nitrous, fuel injected on E85. TH400, stock 44 rear with 3.31 gears and Alloy shafts, cage, whatever else it took to meet the NHRA rules for 10's. If I could ever get it down near sea level and keep it halfway hooked up it should run in the high 9's as is.

Oh, the flashy LED thing in the cluster is a Prologger wideband/ nitrous controller. It's also my only tach, I really need to hook a shift light up to it.

These trucks hook up fairly well, anybody else on here into hotrodding them?

-Jon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No weight in the bed. There were some difficulties getting it to hook at all on launch until we raised the front end a couple inches. Then it hooked, raised the power and it spins again. Over the winter I need to redo the front suspension to get all that sorted out.

There's not much air at our tracks up here, Bandi is 5860, Pueblo and Douglas are 4800.

The street/ race truck is kind of an odd choice I know. I've had about 10 xj's over the last 13 years. Wheeled quite a bit and smashed a lot of sheetmetal. It just doesn't get me excited anymore, but going fast does. Figured the mj'd be a good experiment on keeping it jeep.