CW's MJ 2005 - 10

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My muffler and 200amp Alternator arrived!!

I had the alt made. Its going in with all new wiring. including a 4ga charging wire as the factory 12ga is too small!!!

Here is a couple of the wires. I am making them myself. to exact legnth and routing.

HOPEFULLY, I'll get both in this week end!!

CW

Well...the muffler is wrong.

I ordered a center in and offset out. I got a offset in / out. I called JEGS back and was told they would send call tag and ship replacement as soon as the wrong one got back to them. I said this was NOT ACCEPTABLE. I wanted to do this this WE and It was no fault of mine this was wrong. I was told this was their policy and the only way was for me to pay for a second one abd have it have it overnight shipped. (My expence). My origional costs would be refunded as soon as wrong one got to them.

I agreed and got the replacement today as promiced........it is WRONG AGAIN!!!!

This time offset in center out. :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: What is up with these people????? I got them on the phone and explained the problem. They have always been helpful and polite but this has now happened twice in the same transaction...not good in my book.

Well, ANOTHER is being sent overnight to me again... sat. delivery. This time I flatly I REFUSED to pay anymore and demanded the shipment overnight AM delivery at THIER expence. This time they agreed with me.

EAGLE,

I sure hope this is not a bad omen for the GIBBSON!!! :brows: ;)

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

CW

Well....three strikes and your OUT!!

I got the THIRD muffler this AM and it is still WRONG!!! Even after they asured me they opened the box and checked to be sure..

JEGS SUX!!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

I called and they where all please and thank you and SOOOO sorry... Yea right. I am gonna wait till I get my funds refuned and NEVER order there again!!!

I a picking up a Dynomax ULTRA Fol in the AM....screw JEGS!!!

I have this muffler in my TJ and like it.

CW

Well, today waxs a complete wash out work wise. Rained all day mostly very hard!!

BUT, I was able to get the muffler for the MJ!! $47 no problems and I have it...WAY less stress!!

Install after the flood. :eek: ;)

CW

Well, I got the muffler in tonight....

Looked like it was clearing so I started...just in time for a shower to really drench me!! I didn't have the keys to Pops Gold XJ that was under the cover-it so I had to complete the job in the rain!!

It came out really quick but I had to run back to the store as I didn't have the 2.5" pipe I though I did... :oops:

Here is a couple shots:

It LOOKS like its kinda hanging down. Its not really its just the angle. But I didnt get crazy with the hanger either. I just used the old one. I will this weekend when its NOT RAINING!!!

I kept the side exit as I really like it. This time I used a factory end.

I also took the time to shoot two clips of the sound.

Here is before:

Here is after:

You can hear my fuel pump in the second clip. I am on empty (Noiser on empty) and I didn't let it prime in the first clip.

MUCH quieter and nicer in the cab! Now I can better enjoy those fancy speakers I installed!! It won't upset the neighbors. Just what I wanted!! jamminz.gif

CW

Thanks!! I liked the glasspac's sound at idle and off road...nice a deep rumble. But once you got on it or drove on the freeway it was gettting obnoxious. It had to go!!

This weekend I'll get back under there and move it up a bit so the exit is nicely centered between the frame and leaf.

CW

Today was BEAUTIFUL here!!! We have been waiting for a day like this!!!It was almost 80 degrees and sunny. jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

I started the Alternator/Radiator swap Friday night. Got quite a bit done before the sun went down and it got cold. I did a new water pump and complete hoses at the same time. I also took the opertunity to swap in all new battery & Winch cables. As well as relocate my solenoids from the front of the Jeep to the top of the winch, out of harms way.

Here is a couple shots of the new cables. I made them up to fit perfectly. I used very fine stranded #2/0 cable for all accept the charge line from the alternator. For that I used 6GA fine stranded wire.

I also made up all new cables for the winch. These where short pieces from the winch to the solenoids.

I moved the solenoids from the front of the Detours mount to the top of the winch. I used four rubber insulated metal cable ties. the kind you would screw to a bulk head or inner fender well to bundle wires. the fit very well arrounf the two cross bars connecting the right and left halves of the Warn 8000 winch. For the front I used a piece of 3/4" alum angle iron. and a 2" algle iron for the back. that way it gets a bit of a rake to shed water and make remote incertion that much easier.

For the actual batt cables. I switched everything over to "marine" style connections. I also switched the starting wires from the top to the side posts of the Optima battery. This way the winch and ALL accessories now come off the top where the charge line can better conpinsate for the draw.

Lastly I got started on that T-case skid I have been wanting to make.

I also did a new 3row radiator, water pump and thermostat. no pics really..pretty mundane work. But I did make a lil video clip of the nice lower temps and the better idle and starting since the wiring upgrade!!

CW

I had a sliding rear window put in yesterday!! I have wanted this for somwe time...kinda did it on a whim. I stopped in a local shope (RPM in Southington) to get some roll bar padding for my TJ and saw a sign offering this kind of work.

So I inquired and struck a deal. ;) :brows:

They did a very nice job!!

I'll get to that headliner SOON I promice!!! :oops:

CW

So I remember a long time ago when you called this your "DD." Alot of things have been done to it since then and I'm wondering if you still do drive it daily? I'm getting to the point that I want to build mine even farther now, but keeping it as a DD is the only thing holding me back. I guess I like driving it everyday too much. jamminz.gif

Thats the first time I has seen a winch with rope instead of cable. How does it compare to the cable? From my experience with cable, it kinks and knots up after used a couple of times. Seems like the rope wouldn't have the same problem.

Here ya go Pete!!

Its a C.R.Lawerance Automotive product.

$500,

It is still my daily driver. jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif I have made some changes recently to better enjoy it for the street. Infinity speakers in all four corners. A new Muffler, nice and mellow. I switched the BFG MT's for AT's of the same size. This sliding window :brows: . Then the RE Drop brackets, and lastly a paint job!!

It will still be very capable off road, ESP if utilizing the winch. But will be comfortable and safe to drive every day!!

Ryno,

the synthetic line is a boon for winching. Its biggest down fall is its susceptibility to UV light. But thats easily remedied with the wet suit material cover I have. Its stronger than wire rope, lighter and safer as well. The price has also come way down!! I got mine for $150!!!

CW

I got a bit done tonight on my RE Drop Brackets install. Didn't get farther as I was helping my POP with ball joints. He hadn't done them before and needed lots of assistiance.

Here is how we started...

Then it was off to work..

All I really got was the shocks and coils off.

I also found that I'll be needing longer shocks and brake lines for this job!!

I am going to do away with all them spacers and throw back on the A.C.O.S.'s I am also droping the front about an inch. Its too close to the rear and I don't like the look.....

I also am going to need to lok into new shocks....I want GAS this time!!!

Much more top come!! :brows:

CW

just wondered if anone had looked any deeper into the window, found the company and they have 3 and 4 piece glass, if they still make them then that would be awsome, i think if i recall, my 4 piece was by them also i remember something like that when i was scraping all the stickers off my window.

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/showLine.asp?GroupID=1351&Path=::17381::21770::1351

anyone every try ordering from them? maybe they have parts, like latches and such.

Jonathan

ooooooh, looked around the site some more and found this

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/showLine.asp?GroupID=2715&Path=::17381::21770::2715 jamminz.gif

repacement latches, i wonder if they are oem or will work with the oem windows?

i hope I'm not jacking your thread, i wonder if this would be sticky worthy? or is this old news and I'm just really slow? :chillin:

Jonathan

Got a bit farther tonight...

All the CA's are out and the DB's are mostly in. Still need to drill the upper holes out to 1/2". Also cleaned up the A.C.O.S's and put them in. I also opted for brandy new caster adjusters.

I also ordered the Bilstein shocks and braded extended brake lines today.

Hopefully tomarrow, I'll get the Upper bushings in the axle changed. Along with the legnth of the CA's set and everything bolted up.

CW