CW's MJ 2005 - 10

I am not 100% sure...Its blue now W/blue interior. I do have a full set of Gray trim pieces.....

I am thinking of keeping it blue though... Dodge "electric" blue is my favorite. I have no idea what the REAL NAME of this color is, Its a brite blue, much lighter than the DK blue it is now and I will not need to change the registration.

5MM.JPG

CW

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a used WARN M8000 winch today!!

A guy here on a local board put it up last night and I was lucky enough to see it first!!

He got rid of it cause its too small for him, he wants a 12,000lb for a full size and + he needed some cash for school.

SO, now the hunt begins for a winch bumper...maybe I'll make myown...unsure right now....

Anyone see the OR-Fab unit for XJ/MJ's? www.orfab.com Looks OK. I don't know if I like the way it looks under the lights and on the sides... I like to keep stuff up nice and high, I mean thats why we chop the fenders at the bottom of the lights right?? Price is nice....

83202av.jpg

There is also a local guy to me here in CT http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php He makes something he calls a "BACKBONE" setup that allows the use of a factory bumper cover... All I know is I do not want to dump a pile of cash into a bumper when I can make something just like it for less than half the coin!

xjbb02-tmb.jpg

CW

WELL.... I just got back from Maaco I went over for a quote on my $250 paint job.

First off, i gotta sai i aint so nieave to think I would have really gotten a paint job for 250 bucks like that advertize...but I DID think I was going to get it shot for about 600. NOT!!!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

Try $1500!!!!

Here is the break down;

$250 PJ is really $350 as its an additional $100 for painting a PU truck. EVEN THOUGH I don't want the inside of the bed painted.

$75-100 PER DOOR for the jambs.

Then, because the clear coat is peeling on most all pannels of the truck. it is going to require a complete sanding and primer coat. Thats $1000.

Total it up, your talking $1500 - 1550 bucks..... I don't THINK SO!!!

I'll shoot it myself this summer with rattle cans before I pay that kind of coin!!!

CW

Rattle can jobs are easy enough. Just time consuming. Well, for the prep that is, and only the prep. If you prep yourself you can have maacrap do it fairly cheap. But their end result isn't really that much better than rattle canning if you know what you're doing.

If I was ever to do it again and wanted it to look nice there'd be two things I'd consider:

1. SPRAY the entire truck with aircraft stripper on a cold day.

2. Spend a few bucks to rent a sandblasting booth for a while.

After seeing how much better the stripper works when sprayed as opposed to brushed - I'd probably go that route.

Why not buy a Harbor Freight sprayer? My family has 3 and I've done a couple paint jobs with em. Just make sure you use enough paint thinner to prevent the bedliner look.

I agree. close off your garage with some thin plastic, put a fan in to pull out fumes and spray it. did a few cars in my garage this way. turns out better than rattle can and if you are careful, you can get a great paint job. do a single stage and wetsand when you are done.

nathan

Gold tooth,

GREAT TIPS!! Thanks I may do exactly that come warm weather...

I go some more parts yesterday!! Thing is they have been on BO so long...I forget I even ordered them!!! :eek: :D

I never really liked the turned down tow hooks on XJ/MJ's. But now with my pending front bumper build I am not use these...

I saw someone post up a site where you could buy pre made steel pieces to weld in for shackle tabs, shock tabs and the like...anyone have the link???

CW

Twisted, YES!! Thank you, I think that is the place!!! I'll order my stuff now! Thanks.

In thinking about colors...I got to thinking whats the big deal about changing the reg for a new color?? Now that I have so much time till I actually do it. i have time to really think about colors...I really like the idea of BRITE YELLOW. You don't see any MJ's that color.... SO, I asked SPENCER (Vinal sticker fame) to photochop yellow paint on my MJ.

I REALLY LIKE!!!

CW

These are EXACTLY my thoughts. if anyone would to ask me to name my fav colors for a vehicle...yellow likely would not even make the list...but when I see it on my MJ I LIKE IT BIG TIME!!! its DIFFERENT!!

CW

BTW, here is one he did for me in COPPER...

CW, where did you find a reamer for the steering upgrade to ream out the knuckles and the pitman arm. I just recieved my JCR steering. Man its pretty awesome. I am trying not to spend the $45 from Snap On for the reamer.

CW "I never really liked the turned down tow hooks on XJ/MJ's. But now with my pending front bumper build I am not use these... "

if your are not going to us them r they up for sale and how much do u want for them :brows: