CW's MJ 2005 - 10

The ECTED is only avalible with the STD 30 spline. So Thats what I was limited to.

There is really NO GOOD reason to have alloy shafts in this rig. I certainly don't need the extra stregnth aforded by them, with what I do with this rig. Accept factory std shafts where the SAME PRICE as what I paid for the alloys!!

My good fortune and its a UPGRADE to boot!!!

I COULD have just purchased one shaft as only one side is actually leaking...but that just wouldn't be right... :roll: :roll:

CW

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck nuts. Classy. :roll:

Its kinda a gag...

I welded a Clevis pin to the back of the receiver so I can remove and replace them as I see fit... They also swing and undulate to and frow rather nicely!! :roll: ;)

Thats funny stuff, right there...I don't care who you are!!!

CW

What bulbs do you have in your H4s?

My PIAA's don't turn my lamps that blue at all!

They are not even on in these pictures!! Really, they're not turned on!! There IS a second LED light in each bulb for the blue glow, but they are not on in these pics.

I got them off EBAY. Something fancy super polished reflectors or some such thing. the bulbs are blue..brite blue. Frankly I cannot wait till they blow I want the Sylvania ultra stars again. You are correct, they are H4 bulb.

These lights are plenty brite with out blinding oncoming drivers. there is no "brite spot" seen while driving. Just a nice even flood of light all across the road. With a very distinct line where they stop across the top.

CW

I got my Superior axle shafts yesterday. I finally got ahold of AUBURN today. i was looking for a TRACKING number as I havent yet received the diff.....I was told I would have it Friday...it was shipped TODAY overmight!!

So much for the promice I got that it shipped last Friday or this last Monday!!!

As long as I get it for THIS Saturdays planned install...all will be forgotten....

I also found a new issue!! My CA bushings are beginning to fatigue!! I guess the RE rigid upper arms I have are taking their toll on the rubber bushings! I have a set of JKS adj uppers slated for my TJ... Guess I'll be putting them in the MJ with the drop brackets!!

Here is the UCA's

Here is the shafts

I'll post up after this Saturdays install!!

CW

I also found drums for $39.99 each!! American made toboot!!!

CW

CW,

In reference to the D44 waaaay back on page 6, care to share your source for those? I need a new set of drums for the D44 going under mine (soon, hopefully)

Thanks,

Jeff

SURE!! I have mo secrets from my MJ buddies!!!

Big A auto parts!!

UPDATE: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

NOTHING came in the mail today from Auburn, as I was promiced it would. I called them about 15:00 hrs. I managed to catch them before everyone left for the week end. My contact jamie was long gone...but a very nice girl helped me out..... Seems my ECTED was still there!!!! It was slated for REG UPS GROUND shipment to go out MONDAY !!!! WTF :headpop: :headpop:

She WAS able to get it out and gave me a tracking number. She says I will have it Saturday before noon...trouble is my mech is only open till noon. So this will NOT get installed this weekend...AGAIN!!!

I am SO mad at AUBURN, they may have gust passed RUSTYS as the company with the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! I am DONE WITH AUBURN!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I called this shmuck and left him a message telling him how upset I was and how I didn't appreciated being lied to and miss led. All he did for me was provide lipservice and that really blows. All I can say is this unit better get here tomorrow and it better work!!!!

Thanks for letting me rant... I do feel better..... TW.. We got a dusy of a snow storm today!!! got almost a foot of the white stuff!!! I am just getting home form 16 hours of plowing!!! I got another surprise once I get here....my "coverit I bought for my TJ......snow took it out!!! All the poles are all bent and busted and the TJ is stuck under a pile of bent tubes and a whole lot of snow!!!!

Its just NOT MY DAY!!!

CW

Thanks for letting me rant... I do feel better..... TW.. We got a dusy of a snow storm today!!! got almost a foot of the white stuff!!! I am just getting home form 16 hours of plowing!!! I got another surprise once I get here....my "coverit I bought for my TJ......snow took it out!!! All the poles are all bent and busted and the TJ is stuck under a pile of bent tubes and a whole lot of snow!!!!

Its just NOT MY DAY!!!

CW

This snow took out the "coverit" on my boat too. It is iced down now, so I have to leave the mangled mess over my boat until it thaws. :headpop:

This snow took out the "coverit" on my boat too. It is iced down now, so I have to leave the mangled mess over my boat until it thaws. :headpop:

Aint it the truth!!! I am going to begin looking into alternatives this morning!!

CW

Step one, complete: The ECTED has arrived!!

Dosen't look like anyone has opened the box though....his saying he would bench test for me. BEFORE shipment, was likely more horse $#!&!!

I'll throw some axle shafts in it and run power to it to test, a little later today...

CW

I got the MJ back!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I spoke to my mech who did the install. He said he bench tested BOTH units side by side. The onld one did nothing when 12V was applied and the new one clicked. Upon further examination he found a collar that would move when juice was applied. That was on the new one. That same collar could not be moved at all, even by prying, in the old one. BOTH units had good magnetic fields when 12v was applied. Thats how this unit funtions. the magnet pulls something up inside that applies buku force to the clutch packs. Effectively "locking" the two rear axles. Much like a clutch in a standard tranny locks the engine to the rest of the drive line.

Then he clamped the diff in a vice, inserted axle shafts and tried to bias (LS part) between the two axle shafts. Easily accomplished with the old unit. Couldn't budge it with the new one...this is only the limited slip part, no 12v so no locker for this test!!!

Install went easy. Parking lot test was VERY Scientific. :brows: Back one reaer tire up into a snow drift untill reward momentum stop's and tire in snow spins. Then stop, hit the switch and depress gas pedal. Truck backs up more than begins spinning BOTH rear tires!!! jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

More mods coming soon.....

CW

That ECTED sounds so trick! I want one!

Its great IF YOU GET ONE THAT WORKS!!! :roll: :eek: :roll: I would look other places. Not worth the agravation in my opinion. Everything I would have saved was spent on re-insyilation. Not to mention the anguish of all the phone calls and other nonsence. Should have gone ARB/OX. ECTED is like 230 cheaper BUT when you factor in the TWO installs I paid for. I would have been ahead by over $100 to go ARB, more SAVINGS with the OX and do it once.

Found a "cover-it" last week!!! Local guy has it, its a couple years old and he dosen't need it anylonger. I'll pick it up in a couple weeks when the snow melts some more.

Going wheeling today!!! Gotta try this new bugger out! :brows: :brows:

CW

Its great IF YOU GET ONE THAT WORKS!!! :roll: :eek: :roll: I would look other places. Not worth the agravation in my opinion. Everything I would have saved was spent on re-insyilation. Not to mention the anguish of all the phone calls and other nonsence. Should have gone ARB/OX. ECTED is like 230 cheaper BUT when you factor in the TWO installs I paid for. I would have been ahead by over $100 to go ARB, more SAVINGS with the OX and do it once.

Does it require gear set-up or is it just the removal of the spiders?

It's a shame they sent you faulty parts, but I'm sure it'll work great for you.

The ECTED is a full carrier differential.

This means a complete set up of your gears.

ECTED works flawlessly today!! Only problem, is trail was beyond its capabilities. I parked it and walked the trail and shot pics. TONS of ledges most over 2ft. LOTS of greasy dirt between the rocks. these are NOT established trails... They need to be run for a season and have good rains inbetween to get the rocks to become unearthed more. Two lockers and aggressive tires almost a must here today!!

Here is a couple shots, sorry no MJ's. :cry:

CW

I bought extended rear shocks when I origionally lifted the jeep. Then I decided to move my lower mounts up... efectively negating the need for the longer shocks. I mounted them anyways. Because of that, I had to make those LONG bump stops to keep from bottoming out on the shocks.

My answer was to tip the tops of the shocks in, towards the center.

I used a 45" long piece of heavy 2.5" angle iron. I cut 3" from one side of the angle so I had a shelf that would sit on the bottom of the frame.

Then mounted "HELP" section shock mounts to it.

And of coarse I painted it...

Then I welded it in place. On the long bed MJ's the shocks are in front of the axle. So I mounted my angle iron shock mount just in front of the factory bump stops.

It came out very nice. Here is is from the rear all done.

Now I need to get the truck on the fork lift at work so I can measurer for the new bump stops.

bri

Nice job on the shock mounts. As for the shocks, are you running ones you selected by compressed and extended length, or are they a standard lift shock?

My dad wants to get me those Rusty's 4" springs, so I was looking through your pages again with him. As you know, your work to me is quite impressive, but my dad was really blown away. Keep it up!