CW's MJ 2005 - 10

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Smurfy color. Looks similar to my 87, which is medium blue metallic.

Its darkening up as it cures... Been working LOTS and havent seen it in daylight is a couple days... DEF a shade darker!! Thats not necessarillyt a bad thing!!!

OH BTW, It is RUSTOLIUM, Painters Touch. It offred large selection of colors with the time tested Rustolium performance. My only complaint was the sprayer nozle SUX!! I had to continually clean them and be very consious of blowing them out between coats.

HOPEFULLY< I can get the bed coated with Hurculiner before the Jeep Rally next month!!

CW

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be doing my ADD-A-LEAF's and new front coils this weekend.

I was prepping for that when I remembered I had bought this and wanted to change out the diff fluid as well so I threw it in...

Just a touch of bling..... :roll:

Gonna fix that bad paint as well as bed-liner for the Jeep show on the 21st.

CW

Well, I installed the RE Add - A - Leafs and found the crappy RUSTYS leafs are all busted!!!

MAIN leaf on the PS broke completely in two when I removed the center pin!!

I found two more on that side broke and one cracked on the other.

I WELDED them back together as a TEMP FIX.

I got it all back together and buttoned up.

I like the firmness the RE AAL gives. I also gained the lost ride height I lost from the sagging leafs.

I have a set of 4.5 leafs on order from Motion Offroad!!

Next is the new RE 4.5" front coils.

CW

Man, $50 dollar paint job, a bunch of pot belly friends standing around with brew-doggys in hand! $h!!!!!!t “that’s like a sour D!@%, YOU JUST can't BEAT IT”!!!!! That’s what its all about!! I think that’s one good lucking smurf & turf MJ!! Keep up the good work!! :cheers:

Thanks man.

It's a D44.

I have been watching this build since the beginning and it has come along nicely. I am surprised our paths have not crossed yet since we are in the same area. I sure I will see your truck in person one of these days.

Thanks man.

It's a D44.

I have been watching this build since the beginning and it has come along nicely. I am surprised our paths have not crossed yet since we are in the same area. I sure I will see your truck in person one of these days.

I'll grab them if I see them!!

I get up your way (NH at least) when we go to Field and Forest.

You know the place?

89 Eliminator, Thank you very much for the compliments!! jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

CW

Thanks man.

It's a D44.

I'll grab them if I see them!!

I get up your way (NH at least) when we go to Field and Forest.

You know the place?

CW

Yep, I was there at the fall crawl. I am a NEA member as well. :cheers:

Wife went to work today....I got also done!!!

Started with the front coil swap.. EASIEST EVER!! DB's RULE!!!! Remove wheel, unbolt lower shock mount, lower axle remove coil. replace with new coil repeat in opposite direction. Same other side. Drink 2-3 beers.

Next project: PAINT repairs...

Sanded effected areas down and feathered the edges nicely.

Shoot it with primer.

Shoot the top coat...

Watch for bugs and drink more beer. :D :roll: :brows:

Ended up with 1.5 extra out back and almost 2 in the front. Its about dead level. Hopefully the new leafs will lift the rear a bit to get back a bit of a rake that I like.

FRONT:

REAR:

CW

what kinda coils did you put in?

BDS 4.5" XJ coils. They are the same OAL as the Rough Country's that I had in there but they are larger diameter and have more "wraps".

It is stiffer riding and that's exactly what I wanted, it rides like I think a truck should ride!!

CW

what kinda coils did you put in?

BDS 4.5" XJ coils. They are the same OAL as the Rough Country's that I had in there but they are larger diameter and have more "wraps".

It is stiffer riding and that's exactly what I wanted, it rides like I think a truck should ride!!

CW

its good when things come out the way you want them to 8)

Wife went to work today....I got also done!!!

Started with the front coil swap.. EASIEST EVER!! DB's RULE!!!! Remove wheel, unbolt lower shock mount, lower axle remove coil. replace with new coil repeat in opposite direction. Same other side. Drink 2-3 beers.

Next project: PAINT repairs...

Sanded effected areas down and feathered the edges nicely.

Shoot it with primer.

Shoot the top coat...

Watch for bugs and drink more beer. :D :roll: :brows:

Ended up with 1.5 extra out back and almost 2 in the front. Its about dead level. Hopefully the new leafs will lift the rear a bit to get back a bit of a rake that I like.

FRONT:

REAR:

lookin pretty good here from Michigan,can't wait till get home and finish my RE lift and compare side by side!!!

CW

The springs where on my Door Step Friday when I got home!!!

SO, Plans changed a bit and I put them in today!! SO GLAD I DID as the springs had broken again alongside and thru my welds!!!! :eek: :eek:

Install went as it should, only one hiccup and one minor problem. The centering bolt head was too small for the hole in my perch's. Quick trip to the drill press fixed that!!

I made a spacer of the correct diameter to fit the hole.

Finished the D side and started the P side... here is the hiccup. Seems either the Alcans or the Rusty's dimensions are wrong. (I'm leaning toward the Rusty's but don't know for sure.) The distance from the front bushing to the centering bolt on the Rusty's is 26 1/8" the Alcans is 25". This moves the axle too far forward. :headpop: :headpop:

My solution was to make ANOTHER new centering pin and move the axle back to the front hole in my perches. ( making the distance from the front bushing to the centering pis 26.5" ) But because of this, I also had to bore new relief holes in my U Bolt skids.

Everything bolted up nicely from there on out.

I ended up loosing about an inch from over all lift. I also noticed the DS pronounced lower then the PS. Buy about two inches!!! I found that Pop had tightened the front bushing with the axle up in the air. But that only got me back an inch. As it sits now, its still lop sided to the DS by about an inch.

Because of the loss on lift out back the front now sits higher. I don't like that SO, out come the ACOS's!! BUT, I screwed up again, as I had the ACOS's set to give me about 3/4" more lift to the DS to offset the natural "lean" toward the DS.... This compounded the lower spring in the rear.... :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: But its all together and I am not changing it today!!!

SO it sits nice for front to rear rake, but leans a bit from pass to drivers sides...

I also found some Cancer... I have some frame repairs to do....

CW