Good Bye Roscoe

reson46

Roscoe passed last night. He was almost 14 years old. He's been around since I was in high school. He was one of the most well mannered, best behaved dogs I have ever known. He never begged and was always polite. I knew this was coming fairly soon. He had really slowed down over the past year. He couldn't see or hear much anymore, and he didn't have as much energy. He is missed and will always be remembered.

Willy

Cars come and go, money comes and goes, women come and go, but dogs are like a part of your self. The bond between a good dog and your self is unexplainable. It truly is a sad day when you loose that part of your self. Just to let you know it’s raining out side my office window and now I know why. I feel your pain; tonight’s 24 pack will be in memory of all the good dogs that have passed away! Don’t laugh every one has had one! :cry:

My dogs are my children. Plain and simple. But unlike actual kids, it's not the normal order of things for dogs to outlive their owners. My older dog Perri is getting up there in years (13) and it's hard to not think about his inevitable passing. We almost lost him to an infection many years ago and I didn't take that very well. But with regular exercise, a good diet, glucosamine and other arthritis meds he's in pretty good shape, considering. I will do everything in my power to keep him as healthy as possible for as long as possible. I owe him that much.

My sympathies and prayers to you and your family Willy. :cheers:

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go hug my dogs...

Thanks everybody. I work from home and it's even been hard to walk down stairs to the kitchen for a drink. He was almost always sleeping at the foot of the stairs during the day.

I try to cheer myself up with the other two.

Willy

How are they handling the loss? I've heard horror stories about some dogs falling into deep depression after their best friend was no longer around. :(

So far they are fine. Laying around sleeping as usual. If either of them has trouble it will probably be Axle since he grew up with Roscoe. Moab was already a year old when we found him, plus I don't know that anything could make him unhappy. They do a good job of keeping each other occupied when they aren't sleeping.

Willy

Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss, Willy. I lost my father when I was twelve years of age and just lost my mother back in March of this year.

My father has been gone so long that it is difficult to reflect on how devastating that was, but watching my mother die a slow and agonizing death and being there when it happened; there is not a day that goes by that I fail to remember that horrible day that she passed away.

My MJ was given to me as a gift from my mother back in 1999 for general hauling and chores. My reason for spending so much more capital on the restoration than the Jeep's Blue-Book value is because my mother bought it for me. My restoration of my MJ is a dedication to her. I will never part with it.

It is so true that Comanches come and go while loved ones remain irreplacable, but working on my MJ helps to keep my mind off of dwelling on depressing times. It might be worth your while to begin an improvement or upgrade on your MJ and dedicate that upgrade in Roscoe's honor.

:wrench:

Again, please accept my condolences.

V/R

Paul

Sorry to hear that, I just got back from the park with my furry buddy. They really are part of the family and it hurts to loose them, 40,000 years of human evolution has ingrained then into the family unit - losing them is like loosing any family member.

doggah10.jpg

Am also real sorry to hear about Roscoe. Here's pic of Gus II. He's only three, and we got him to replace Gus I, who lived to be a little over 15 years old. He grew up with our daughters, and lived all over the world with us. He doesn't replace Gus II, nothing could, but he sure helps. I just gave him an extra hug.

Image Not Found

Sorry to hear that, I just got back from the park with my furry buddy. They really are part of the family and it hurts to loose them, 40,000 years of human evolution has ingrained then into the family unit - losing them is like loosing any family member.

doggah10.jpg

He is a beautiful dog. Is his name Zeus? He and the biodiesel sticker almost make up for the KJ in the pic. ;) :razz: Does he use the dome light as a chew toy?

Willy

He is a beautiful dog. Is his name Zeus? He and the biodiesel sticker almost make up for the KJ in the pic. ;) :razz: Does he use the dome light as a chew toy?

Willy

Ya thats Zeus, the dome light is down because we had just pulled the headliner to install the new sunroof assembly, the old one had never worked for us because of the rollover.

Man. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Having the other dogs will likely offer the most support. I know they did for me.

I lost my first dog (Sport) when I was just a boy, maybe 9 or 10. That was bad enough. I lost another one (Also Sport) in 1986, I still think on him from time to time. I have even called my current dog (Riley) Sport.

I also lost my Mom two years ago to Cancer. It was the most moving thing I have ever experienced, not to mention my darkest day to date. Followed closely by my second dogs passing.

We got "Riley" "used" from a friend of a friend. They had a baby on the way and he was far too rambunctious for an infant. So they gave him up. He is now 10 and I am where you where a few years ago. I know its only a matter of time.

Keep you chin up and take care of you and yours. He will be waiting for you.......

I raise my glass to all the "best friends" we have all lost.

CW