#%$@&$$@

mvusse

I thought the pictures pretty much told the story.

I started to turn into the alley and never noticed she went through the stop sign without so much as slowing down. As I was in the middle of the turn she hit and pushed my @$$ end sideways at the same speed my front was going. Messed up the back corner of the bed pretty good. Tail gate still works, but it is being pinched at the bottom, and almost loose enough to not latch on top.

Also, if you look carefully in the last 2 photos you can see my leaf spring quick disconnect. It has now survived a few thousand miles of driving, a day off road and an accident and is still there.

So your telling me STOP DOSENT mean Spin Tires On Pavement??

Sorry man this SUX big time, dumb broad. Hope she gets a good ticket!! One of my major peeves is failure to stop at a stop sign. I caught my self heading for the street the other day hollering at some dumb kid going too fast down the road. then I remembered being a dumb kid going too fast down the road LAUGHING at the old man yelling at me.... :roll: :D

I think I am getting old.

CW

Got all confused on how it all happened, but after playing with some toy cars I think I figured it out. so where the cop is parked is where she came from? she went straight through the intersection and hit you as you were turning? I think thats it if not is back to playing with the cars for me.

Also that sucks, make the insurance company buy you 2 more comanches.

**EDIT**

Have you ever noticed women who drive Buicks are mostly terrible drivers??

BTW, WTF is a "leaf spring quick disconnect"??

yea that also.

**/EDIT**

Jonathan

Got all confused on how it all happened, but after playing with some toy cars I think I figured it out. so where the cop is parked is where she came from? she went straight through the intersection and hit you as you were turning? I think thats it if not is back to playing with the cars for me.

Also that sucks, make the insurance company buy you 2 more comanches.

**EDIT**

Have you ever noticed women who drive Buicks are mostly terrible drivers??

What are you guys a bunch of ninnies. A leaf spring quick disconnect is made so you can get MORE FLEX on those off camber trails. Even I know that and the farthest I've been offroad is parking on my front lawn instead of the driveway after drinking one too many cocktails. :rotfl2:

The good news MV is now you have money to buy those tires to go with your 3" lift :D

I know what it is...........and I seen it :D

Your just out of the loop Don :teehee:

And Man.......am I glad the quick disconnect survived, the bed side and the tail light can be replaced, but the quick disconnect could never be replaced......after all these miles on it :brows:

So........I take it that you might need some more parts this coming weekend :roll:

I could bring this down for ya-

Image Not Found

You know my # :D

Oh........and I hope your "friends" took your side in this :brows:

Also, if you look carefully in the last 2 photos you can see my leaf spring quick disconnect. It has now survived a few thousand miles of driving, a day off road and an accident and is still there.

Ohhh, that's what that is. I thought that it was a spark plug socket stuck on your spring bushing bolt.

Ohhh, that's what that is. I thought that it was a spark plug socket stuck on your spring bushing bolt.

I must be slow tonight - I trying BL Lime for the first time while watching Da Bears kick @$$, and it's affecting my brain. :oops:

Good one guys - but the payback will be sweet. :cheers:

Wildman: I need to talk to the insurance adjuster and body shop first, but I probably will be interested, as well as a d-side tail light lens, if you have one. I'll pm you when I figure it out.

But I still lack the tools to weld it on, for the time being.

Then again, body shops are using epoxy more and more often to glue on rust patch panels, instead of welding them...

Lostissues: Yes, that is how it happened.

And everyone else: No, that's not a 13/16 spark plug socket. That's a leaf spring quick disconnect. :D

And Wade: I forgot about that. That's where Jeepco got hit, wasn't it?

And Wade: I forgot about that. That's where Jeepco got hit, wasn't it?

twice!

...the second time happened less than a week and a half after I fixed it from the first time too :hateputers: :headpop:

actually, I go to court for it on wednesday. they tried to give me 70% fault...when the other guy got the ticket and CLEARLY turned left into the side of my truck. the officer is friends with the wife of the guy who hit me...i've got a feeling that's one cop who's losing her job.

good luck with the insurance. you documented the photos very accurately, I suggest you draw up a diagram of the whole scenario, and most importantly, DON'T repair the damage before it's settled.

oh, go get an estimate on the repair. the damage is bad enough that the whole panel would technically need to be replaced....the panel retails for $1310 IF you can get it, plus install time. this will total out your truck, so get a KBB on it, then also have your insurance company give you a fair-market value estimate on it for comparison. you'll likely have to total it, and buy it back for a small fee with a salvage title (unfortunately this means it will have to pass state inspection).

oh, and with how far she pushed you, I'd go see a chiropracter :popcorn:

Is it too early to say you won the insurance lottery?

it is.

KBB value on it is less than $1500. repair on that bedside will be between $2200 and $3400 depending on how they do it. the problem is that this also includes a fresh paint job on that side, but not on the whole truck....so the paint on the rest of the truck will also cut down on the KBB value, which will probably more than likely give him a totalled truck (sorry to say) and i know none of us want to see that...

Here's a thought -- and a LOT depends on the law in your state:

If you are having accident damage to your own vehicle repaired by your own insurance company under a collision policy, they pretty much get to call the shots as far as determining that the cost to repair is more than the book value, so here's your check have a nice day.

But I have been led to believe that it's a VERY different story when the other driver is at fault. You didn't ask to be hit. Along the same line that says if you drive a Ford Ranger they MUST replace your fender with a genuine Ford fender if you ask for it, I believe you can also just say "Hey, I drive a Jeep Comanche because that's what I choose to drive. I can't buy another one for what you're offering, so just repair mine to the condition it was in when YOUR client hit me, thank you. How much it costs is your problem, not my problem. And oh, by the way -- I want all Jeep parts!"

Ask your lawyer, or your insurance agent. Don't let the other driver's insurance company buffalo you.

Here's a thought -- and a LOT depends on the law in your state:

If you are having accident damage to your own vehicle repaired by your own insurance company under a collision policy, they pretty much get to call the shots as far as determining that the cost to repair is more than the book value, so here's your check have a nice day.

But I have been led to believe that it's a VERY different story when the other driver is at fault. You didn't ask to be hit. Along the same line that says if you drive a Ford Ranger they MUST replace your fender with a genuine Ford fender if you ask for it, I believe you can also just say "Hey, I drive a Jeep Comanche because that's what I choose to drive. I can't buy another one for what you're offering, so just repair mine to the condition it was in when YOUR client hit me, thank you. How much it costs is your problem, not my problem. And oh, by the way -- I want all Jeep parts!"

Ask your lawyer, or your insurance agent. Don't let the other driver's insurance company buffalo you.

basically. I'm not asking my insurance to get involved...but the other company can always supercede that. they did, and now it's a battle royal.

MV, in your case eagle is correct. just be sure that YOU file a claim against their insurance before they file the clame with their insurance. the faster you do, the faster it's taken care of.

of course, if she'll offer to pay you $1300 for said part no questions asked, then you can do your best to fix it and chop off the bottom edge of the box on both rear sides, build a bumper for there, and call it good...you were gonna trash it offroad anyways ;)

can anyone say lawsuit? :D . sorry bout that tho, that really sucks. i think if i ever got hit like that I would have to jump out of my jeep yelling things like "THIS IS A CLASSIC WTF!!!!" lol not that i would care cuz mine is a piece anyway, but it would be funny

Nope, no lawsuit. I know the person that hit me, and she's the grandmother of one of my daughter's friends. No chiropractor needed either. She pushed the rear end sideways, as I was turning with the front of the truck already moving in that direction at about the same speed. I didn't even feel the impact (nor did my daughter). Pretty much what went through my head was "WTF, why am I going sideways instead of turning?"

My insurance company will act as a lawyer on my behalf, she was found at fault and was cited for failure to yield, so her insurance is paying for it.

Yes, I expect the other insurance company will try to total out my truck. I'm going to try to keep it, without a title transfer, so it will stay a clear title. If they do take it and I have to buy it back, the salvage title may not affect me, as I can keep renewing the plates off the current registration. It just limits my options if I'd try to sell it in the future.

I'll know more after I talk with the adjuster, hopefully some time today.

Eagle is right...in a lot of states, they cannot total your vehicle if the other driver is at fault. When my wife got hit in out MJ by the 15 year old kid, it damaged the left fender, destroyed the door and damaged the bedside. The insurance company replaced the door, repaired all the other damage and painted the entire driver side and never tried to pull the "total" thing on us.

Don't roll over for them if they try to tell you it's a total...know your rights, check your laws and fight if you can.

Yea......when you get things squared away, drop me note, just that we're doing that parts road trip this weekend / next week, and save some in shipping :brows:

And don't forget that "custom" spring shackle quick disconnect should bring the value of the MJ way over the top of any "book" price out there :D

Oh......and Yes, I have a taillight for you.......have the insurance company try to find one :brows:

I know what it is...........and I seen it :D

Your just out of the loop Don :teehee:

And Man.......am I glad the quick disconnect survived, the bed side and the tail light can be replaced, but the quick disconnect could never be replaced......after all these miles on it :brows:

So........I take it that you might need some more parts this coming weekend :roll:

You know my # :D

Oh........and I hope your "friends" took your side in this :brows:

Looks like a socket got stuck on the spring bolt.......Does the other side match?