Should I buy this Engine Puller and Stand - $100 Craigslist

SuperWade2

buy em even if they Chinese!

Nope, not if they're Chinese. They'll either bind up, break apart, lose compression, get stuck, stop flexing, lock up, or worst of all, the damn paint will start fading and you'll die from lead poisoning.

Yes, I have officialy banned the buying of Chinese products in my country.

Come and get me Triads.

Just say no to Chinese parts. Vote Chico 2012 or maybe 2016, depending on when the cut off date for legally running for president is.

buy em even if they Chinese!

Nope, not if they're Chinese. They'll either bind up, break apart, lose compression, get stuck, stop flexing, lock up, or worst of all, the damn paint will start fading and you'll die from lead poisoning.

Yes, I have officialy banned the buying of Chinese products in my country.

Come and get me Triads.

Just say no to Chinese parts. Vote Chico 2012 or maybe 2016, depending on when the cut off date for legally running for president is.

Amusingly enough, we have an engine hoist at work that is powerfist (chinese, same as HF). We use it for pulling engines out of A-stars in the field by putting it in the back of a truck to get enough height...

A-Star engine - $500 000 or so. A core is worth $50 000.

Engine Hoist - $139.99 special at PA.

Hmm. It hasn't failed YET.

Going first thing in the AM... The seller said someone else was also coming to look at em and whoever showed up first with the money would get em... (as long as they aren't messed up, hard to tell in that little Craigslist pic).

Sw2

What I don't yet have an engine to put on the stand, or am I ready to pull my old one, I have just a couple more questions.

RE the Engine Stand... How does the Engine Mount to the Arms of the Stand?

Also, What length of chains should I get for the Hoist. There was a pile there but was rusted horribly and I just left em, so I figured I would just get some new.

Thanks

Yeah Wade get you some new bolts and a few flat washers. You probably need about 4 ft of 5/16th chain and bolts and large flat washers,, you might need nuts to, according to how you connect the hoist to the engine..

Hey Wade, I just went through this this weekend with the bolts. After two trips getting the wrong ones, I just bought threaded rod stock and some nuts. Cut the rod to length to make sure the threads were all the way in the holes and used washers and nuts on the back side of the arms.

:cheers:

Would it make sense, since I need to get chains or something anyhow for my engine hoist to go ahead and get one of these engine load levelers?

OTC-4305.jpg

Would I still need chains to hook to the ends of the shorter chains from the leveler? I don't even know when I'm going to get to pull this engine, but I got nothing better to do that plan for it...

SW2

Yes, that would be a good investment. Will save some cussing later. The short chains are alright for just pulling the motor, but if you pull the motor and tranny, longer chains would be better. When I did mine, both on the MJ and donor XJ, I pulled them all together. The longer chain I used in the back and hooked it to the bellhousing bolts. Using the leveler while pulling it up made it a lot better fishing it out.

:cheers: