Should I buy this Engine Puller and Stand - $100 Craigslist

SuperWade2

Yes, that would be a good investment. Will save some cussing later. The short chains are alright for just pulling the motor, but if you pull the motor and tranny, longer chains would be better. When I did mine, both on the MJ and donor XJ, I pulled them all together. The longer chain I used in the back and hooked it to the bellhousing bolts. Using the leveler while pulling it up made it a lot better fishing it out.

:cheers:

I don't have a ton of room in the Garage, and I'm going to be pulling from the side, probably (and then rolling the truck back probably, so I planned on pulling the tranny from under the truck seperate from the engine...

If you pull/hoist the engine from the side, you won't be able to roll the truck back....the legs on the hoist will be in the way. Or are you thinking something else?

Just trying to save you from one of those "oh #$(&@%^" moments, we've all been there..... ;)

Jeff

If you pull/hoist the engine from the side, you won't be able to roll the truck back....the legs on the hoist will be in the way. Or are you thinking something else?

Just trying to save you from one of those "oh #$(&@%^" moments, we've all been there..... ;)

Jeff

oh #$(&@%^

I guess that's why I'm planning this all now, maybe months ahead of time...

SW2