Rock Sliders

after wheeling this weekend and coming REALLY close to smashing my rockers, i decided that it is time for some rock sliders.

i know Motion/RRO make sliders, does anyone else?

and does anyone run these^?

Thanks,

Rich

I've got a plan for some removable ones that I will be fabbing up this summer. Should be a pretty simple design and easy to make. The pipe I will be running THROUGH my frame will also be in double shear because its going through.

I'm making mine removable so I can clean below the rocker much better in the winter time and also get mud out easier. They also will be easy to paint and upkeep this way. - Just something to remember when you make yours.

after wheeling this weekend and coming REALLY close to smashing my rockers, i decided that it is time for some rock sliders.

Thanks,

Rich

well your lucky because i smashed both rockers before realizing i needed rock rails.

i made mine, and all said and done i had $80 into them.

Thanks,

Rich

well your lucky because i smashed both rockers before realizing i needed rock rails.

i made mine, and all said and done i had $80 into them.

Not trying to bash you Wade, but this needs to be said.

The main reason why many fab shops are not making them is the above stated attitude... " I can make them for this". What home fabbers forget to figure into the cost is time and materials.... yes 80 bucks might buy the steel, but it won't pay for the welding wire/rods, flap wheels or hardware. Then you forget to figure in the cost of having a shop and a buisness license. Lets not forget the fabber has a family to feed and wants to make a living.

Wade You took what I had to say wrong.

I am trying to talk the guy that is doing my cage work into building sliders and bumpers for the MJ's but he griped to me about how back yard fabbers kept telling him.. how much they could build them for :eek: So he has shown some intrest...in making them.. I have offered to let him use one of my rigs so he can do templates and build a jig. Might happen.. might not

that would be cool if fab shops had interest in making armor for our MJ's.

The Fab shop doing my cage has expressed minor intrest in making up the bumper brackets for the rear bumper as well as some generic front bumper mounts. I was going to make bumpers and sliders last yr, but by the time I started to get set up to start making brackets and stuff... there just wasnt enough profit for me to turn down overtime at work to make parts, so I shelved the idea. I still have my drawings and vehicle to make templates and jigs off of, just no time or extra cash to invest in the project.

When I go to pick the Turd up, I plan on bring him the drawings and brackets I have all ready made. We will just have to wait and see what happens

do you have swb or lwb jackel. tomken, motion and rocky-road's will ONLY work on swb trucks. ;)

SWB so i should be good

89eliminator- could you give me a list of materials? i have thought of making my own, just not sure of what to use.

pingpong- unfortunatley there are no fab shops around me wwho are willing to fab somthing up for me.

thakns to everyone for the info

• 3 weeks later...