cherry bomb

Guest vzehler

Don't have any personal experience with them myself because I always thought they were a little too obnoxious for my needs but if you like em loud you won't be disappointed especially if you just do straight pipes back to it.

I would recommend magnaflow or flowmaster's quieter line.

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

I have a Thrush glasspack from Summit, similar to a Cherry Bomb I think. Nice slim durable muffler, doesn't get hung up on or crushed by rocks and sounds great IMO and it's hard to beat the price. Only drawback is I don't think it spark arrests but I think the cat takes care of that anyways.

thanks guys I'm really just trying to be a tight a$$.and 40 bucks for a cherry bomb or 80 for flowmaster.
I would go Cherry then. It is going to be a little louder than the Flowmaster, but not a lot. The big difference is the controlled tone that Flowmaster gives vs. the "near" straight pipe sound of the Cherry Bomb.

I had a Cherry Bomb glass pack on my F100 and liked it. But under WOT 6000 rpm passing someone it was LOUD. Normal driving it had a nice rumble to it. I have a Thrush glass pack on the Suburban, and it's not loud enough to be annoying, but close. It needed the full length of the exhaust to quiet it down some. Just a down turn after the muffler like I did on my F100 was too loud on the Suburban. Could be a difference of the muffler, or the difference between engines (Stock 350 versus built 302).

When I get around to redoing the exhaust om my Comanche (4.0), I'm trying a glass pack on it.

I have also heard them on little 4 bangers, but they don't work too well for that, Too loud and sounds like an angry mosquito.

Last Cherry Bomb I bought I paid $14.95. By the time you add shipping to $10, that one will cost more.

:nuts: That's what I told the guy selling it, or the guy wanting to buy it.

Just thought I throw it out there. Shoot you can have mine free after this weekend, I'm putting a flowmaster on.

I run a cherry bomb.

You can hear it in this video I just shot today...

Dude, ever hear of a little thing called tread lightly??? :eek:

I know pics and videos don't generally show what an obstacle really is like, but that didn't even look 4WD worthy. I don't mean to be dissing you, I really don't. If we want to be able to continue this sport of trail riding, we all need to start thinking about more responsible driving.

Back on topic, the CB isn't too awful for a while, after a year of so they begin to bark a bit more. My advice is a cheap turbo muffler. You get a bit more lo-end torque and still a fairly deep rumble.

CW

That's the problem...he doesn't have 4WD in that Jeep right now.

Percpetion is key, but I watched that one again and it appears that all of the spinning and operation of the Jeep is on the trail with no "greenery" hurt.

You are right though CW...we have to be careful about what we show in public...even if it is legit, it can "look" bad.

Yeah all about being gentle, but a sand hill is a sand hill. Check out the first two videos on that same hill where I'm trying to make it. And no problem for any 4x4, but I only have 2wd so it was fun.

also if you seen the hill before then after you would have seen that I actually left it in better shape than found it. I even the hill out and took out most the holes that were filled by rocks from other people trying to climb it.

Yup, photos can be misleading. This first one may look like I'm traipsing through some pristine marshlands, but it's actually just the patch of muck between two farms. And it was an organized 4x4 event in the guy's backyard.

see?