Finally found one...Now it has a new floor.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Yeah, it's uber important to find the leak that caused it. :thumbsup: Don't forget the baby powder trick for finding the leaks.

Thats what I planned on doing. Gotta get it fixed or it will just come back again.

Oh and BTW it is disgusting what comes out of 20+ yr old carpet when you pressure wash it.

I ordered new carpet for my MJ a month or so ago from, http://www.stockinteriors.com/ and i got it pre-fitted, (had a little trimming i had to do), and it looks great! just in case your washing doesn't go to smoothly as planned.. lol

I bought my carpet from there to, works real nice.

• 2 years later...

Well I haven't updated this much due to the $ factor, but the ball is rolling again. Yesterday I finished my wj upper and lower control arms and new upper bushings, wow what a difference that made. It stopped alot of quirky handling and really tightened things up. She also got new shoes before winter. I went with 31" general grabbers, these things are great in the snow and ice, and as good as an at tire will get in the mud.

I had to put my original header back on, I broke the 97+ one I bought, it was a cheap china one anyways. I am now in the market for a set of 97+ doors, fenders, and header panel before paint....

I am gonna try and snap some pics today of her up to date, no promises though I am bad about remembering things like that. Lol

• 4 years later...

Wow did this thread ever get neglected....

So not much has changed with the mj in a while. I got her all out together,and drove her for a while. Then there were a few "incidents". I smashed the header panel and punched a hole in the tailgate when a chain snapped. Before anyone freaks I was pulling a bush out of the flower beds not a vehicle. It was a short chain with enough force to pierce the outside skin of a poor condition gate. Then I incurred damage to the bed on both sides and one rear corner. It's still drivable it's all just cosmetic.

Then life got in the way and I got greedy (working 70hrs/week) for big paychecks and I bought a newer dd

b9b0acc05ea62b05662cb66881434f69.jpg

So the mj went to the barn and got relegated to shelf duty

But the shop is very near completion and by the time it's done it will be cold out and work(construction) will slow and I will need a winter project. So it is time to start collecting parts as the mj will be back to dd status hopefully by next summer and the gmc will get sold.

The search is on for the remainder of the parts I need to fix the damage and finish the truck. I have returned it to the original header panel but will be ordering a new 97+. I opted against the door and fender swap again just don't care for the newer door panels. I am on the hunt for a rust free bed, a clean grey dash pad, and a few other misc items.

I have funds in reserve and the go ahead from the boss to finish the work so it should be smooth sailing from here on out. Lol

I'm away from home but will get some picture updates when I return.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have grey seat covers to match those, they are the cloth tweed/vinyl combo type. But, I'm up in Canada so not sure on shipping costs. But, I was planning to strip the seats down this week anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Ok little update

The old cracked dash is back in for now and after a long talk with my most trusted advisor momma and I came to the conclusion it is now time to reassemble the mj and put it back into dd status. I plan to finish many small projects as time permits while still dding it. Hopefully all will work out well and the big chebby can leave my possession leaving me with just the mj and cj. All will be right with the world again.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Okay guys I've got a strange one. She is all back together but now I have no function out of the electrical items on the steering column. All connectors have been checked and re checked to confirm the are securely connected. No wipers, hazards, or turn signals. Also having a brakelight issue but I believe that to be related to the decaying fuse panel. Any thoughts on where to start? I am thinking its got to be something fairly simple, probably a mistake on my part, since they are all on the fritz together. Any help or suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well the mj has been relaxing in the shop. In the last week I have polished off several of cruisers renix tips Changed the belt, air filter, and wiper bushings. Fixed the dome lights, back up lights and fabricobbled a home made collar to hold over the slip collar on the front axle.

I still have a fuel filter to change.

Next on the list will be the new windshield.

Oh and some updated pics to.

• 1 month later...

Finally getting somewhere. I had a good day at the wrecking yard last Thursday and decided it was time to do something to the mj this weekend. So here is a run down. Sorry no pics I was too focused.

New fuse panel is in.
Core 4x4 adjustable trackbar is in
97+ wiper arms are on
New hood latch cable is in
New trim bezels for the door handles are in
Window in both doors got tinted

I would have probably put the dash in it too, but I was out of brake clean. I need to clean all the old schmoo out of the fuse block before assembly. And I have learned fuse panel work is super easy with the dash out.

Tonight the fuse panel will recieve a good de-schmooing and fresh grease before reassembly. And hopefully the dash gets put back together. I will try to snap pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

I just fixed a no start condition ive been chasing for a few weeks. Now I am down to floors and a new windshield before of the return to daily status. I patched the floors once before but knew then it was only temporary. Now is time to fix them right. The cosmetics can come later. Here are some updated pics.

So what do you think. Are the floors saveable?2e3a08a9943120247e12825874be30a6.jpg09c90303a51efd4bc89055d5d148728b.jpg778d2025d91bbc150efe129d8160e466.jpg0ffaaeed6b18e29bac1baaa325d98a82.jpg41ae211c2e9290a28c9a3599662cc4e2.jpgb6e8b0c7a536a1ef804e7f59c1eab8e7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Floor pans are due in on Monday. I'm hoping to get a start on it Tuesday evening. Its getting closer to done all the time. Once the floors are done all that remains on the immediate repair list is the new windshield. I'm getting anxious to get her back on the road.