88 comanche project (continued)

well i spoke with brettm, he told me that xjs would need reinforcing but comanches are just fine as is. ill try it out...

that makes ZERO sense. MJ's are identical to XJ's from the front seats forwards with the exception of the rear wire harness and some trim panels.

Sorry on this one bud, but the MJ unibody is not the same. That's one of the issues with long arm kits fitting on our trucks.

I've heard that the MJ 'frame' is actually very strong compared to and XJ 'frame', but I haven't tested it yet ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience with the frames... MJ's have added gussets on the LCA's, and the mount that causes issues is mostly there to belp support the cab floor from what I can see. From the X-memeber forward.. the XJ and MJ are essentilly the same. I can tell you the frames flex just as when jacking behind the LCa's :brows:

The main difference is that the MJ widens and the frame rails get taller after the X-member

My memory decieved me. I agree.

either way though, reinforcement is a bright idea when making that into one of your mount points for a leaf setup. doesn't take long and can't hurt...it would really suck to wreck it on the trail because you didn't take the precautions beforehand.

I would definately over build it.. its real hard to replace suspension mounts when they are ripped of the frame or the axle :brows:

This is from a PAP trip on a buddy's XJ.

474366284JkxHDl_th.jpg

3 hours later it got fixed by a local shop, but cost him 180 bucks and half a day wheeling. Morale of the story LCA skids and more welds are needed on control arm mounts

I'm running my rears in the stock pockets

wheeled fine for 8 months, and was still fine

i have added stiffeners that run from spring mount to spring mount, and re-enforce the mount some, but i see no problems in running like i was before

haha na i havent yet its one i got a harbor freight on sale for $200 not bad i guess.. its a 130amp 220 volt tig/arc welder.. i will prolly use it this weekend for the perches on the 44 and bracing the front for the leafs

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

well i got another motor to rebuild... since that one above had a hole in the front of the block... this one is ALOT better..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

it was 50 bucks... hope it works better than that other piece..

anyone need a paper weight? :brows: