88 comanche project (continued)

i started out with a 88 sb 4x4 comanche in pretty bad shape in the interior..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

i recently painted it flat black..tore out the carpet...took off the doors and fenders and rhino lined the bed next ill slap 5" lift and 33" LTBs on it... :-D

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tore the d30 out today to put in my xj30 then in a day or so ill have the xj35 ready to go in....they have better gears and are locked..the comanches axles are open with horrible gears... soon ill have an 8.8 for it.. and some pics of the build

here's a few pics of the tear down.. i cut the fenders right before the pics i think they turned out ok....better than my cherokees fenders that i cut with some big metal cutting siccors... iam also thinkin of cutting the bottom of the bed off just the rear peice not the whole bottom..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

well here it is now..4 1/2" lift in the front 6 in the rear :!:

iam getting 4 1/2" coils and 2" pucks tommorow to put on it

to even it out..so itll have 6" of lift..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

well i decided to go ahead with the build thread its been a long time since ive posted on here and ive done alot to the truck since.. ill try to post back the pics up at the top that arent showing... and get the pics of the motor swap added and tonight i put the 8.8 in the rear.. after it fell on my hand!!! :roll: but ill keep the build thread goin ill have pics asap..

EDIT: here's the pics.. of the things ive done to it since the last pic above.

after i posted that pic... a few months later i tore that interior out..the black seat you see isnt gonna be used iam puttin the buckets from my red mj in it...

Image Not Found

the motor blew and i had to get another

Image Not Found

here's the front dana44 i got for it, i have a 8.8 in the rear and have spacers comin in the mail to go from 5 to 6 lug

Image Not Found

i got the 8.8 under the truck today..the right way.. lastnight i put it in but the ubolts didnt have nuts so it sat till today till i got new ubolts/nuts, and then had to wallow out the holes on the shock perch off the explorer.. its bolted up and looks really good under the truck i just tried to get a pic but my camera sucks and nothin came out even with flash...

I recommend you upgrade that diff cover to something with a lil beef. They are thin and bend real easily, and are a PITA to seal after they get tweaked :brows: I used the BTF Kryptonite cover on mine when I had the 8.8 under Pong.... that thing can take a hit :D

You going to keep the front coils or going leaf sprung? I got some ideas kicking around in my twisted mind about doing some leafs on a xj/mj, and trying to get it so it can be offered as a kit.

yea iam goin for leafs up front.. i really don't like coils my experiences with them havent been good so iam hoping leafs will solve this. here's a few pics of the 8.8 under it.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

the 2 manches

Image Not Found

Swamped, do you have any aditional lift in the rear of that MJ? I'm kinda worried about the cops now with my SOA and 34's :brows: .

Looks great! I want to do a waggy 44 swap some time in a few years.

Swamped, do you have any aditional lift in the rear of that MJ? I'm kinda worried about the cops now with my SOA and 34's :brows: .

oh haha well my truck is legal in texas i just put it on there so i wouldnt get bothered... iam sure not havin one wouldnt have hurt but i didnt wanna chance it, and iam runnin SOA on the 8.8 so iam guessin 7" of lift? or so

oh haha well my truck is legal in texas i just put it on there so i wouldnt get bothered... iam sure not havin one wouldnt have hurt but i didnt wanna chance it, and iam runnin SOA on the 8.8 so iam guessin 7" of lift? or so

soa and 34's is legal. long as you have flares covering the tires, headlights at legal height and the bumper a legal height your good.

and soa with the 8.8 will not net you 7in of lift. you have more like 5in of lift.

oh and ya need a rear bumper cops can get you for that. a guy in my local club got pulled over for that (no rear bumper and the class3 trailer hitch don't cut it aparently).

soa and 34's is legal. long as you have flares covering the tires, headlights at legal height and the bumper a legal height your good.

and soa with the 8.8 will not net you 7in of lift. you have more like 5in of lift.

oh and ya need a rear bumper cops can get you for that. a guy in my local club got pulled over for that (no rear bumper and the class3 trailer hitch don't cut it aparently).

Massachusetts sucks for stuff like that. There is some stupid math formula meant to figure out the maximum lift for any vehicle. The MJ is 3.2" I think...legally :roll: :roll: