88 comanche project (continued)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the motor mostly complete lastnight new pistons..bearings..camshaft..etc still needs the intake manifold and header and the acessories on the front.. then i can put it in..wire everything and move on to the leaf swap
Did you check tolerances and stuff, and use that wax stuff when you were bolting in the crank?

the tolerances were good.. i just put a little motor oil on the bearings to put it in
just get it together fast if your using regular oil. Assembly oil would stay in place a bit longer, but if you make decent time, and not be careless, youll be fine.

haha those are actually the tires of the guy that bought my 33s.. he let me use those to sit on till i get the 44 up front and ill give em back to him..

i got the motor done today...manifold..header...all.. after my motor mounts dry..(i fixed them) ill put the motor/tranny in... wire it up...then do the leaf/44 swap.. and w/e little things there are

got a lot done today... and took a few pics with my phone but they came out ok i guess...

here's a shot of the motor/ tranny before putting it in

Image Not Found

a shot of the truck before as well

Image Not Found

as its goin in...

Image Not Found

ITS IN!!!!

Image Not Found

now the front crossmember....is gone

Image Not Found

same with the d30..

Image Not Found