88 comanche project (continued)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lift laws? bumpers? what?

haha, silly northerners. if we have license, registration, and tags. (sometimes emissions) we're good to go... although your truck DOES have to have cat and muffler or you will get a ticket.

here in texas my truck is legal as is.. i drove my black mj daily for a few months with no front or rear bumpers running soa and 33s.. ive never been bothered for it, and since its a trail truck i don't care how illegal it is now haha

my sisters husband had a 91 yj for a DD it was on D44s and 38s no flares bc he and i really don't like flares, his was legal and he also never got bothered

oh well i got them from a website my friend found called ezaccessories or something...here's the link to the site

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapte ... 0-6550.htm

this link is to the 5 on 4.5 to 6 on 5.5 adapter they have any one you can think of too.. and only $129 for a pair alltogether i paid $144 to get em to my door..

haha yep iam really wanting to get this thing running all my friends keep callin to wheel and iam sitting around with no motor haha.. itll be done soon hopefully... if you look you can see i painted those spacers black already... iam not a fan of chrome haha

• 1 month later...

i havent got much progress i just sold a car so now i have a little more money for the truck.. i was thinking for the front leaf conversion i wanna use these cj shackle hangers...

65fb_1_b.JPG

then ill prolly use these yj "bone" shackles

tt4.jpg

ill be using stock waggy leafs the shackles and hangars will work right?

well i spoke with brettm, he told me that xjs would need reinforcing but comanches are just fine as is. ill try it out...

that makes ZERO sense. MJ's are identical to XJ's from the front seats forwards with the exception of the rear wire harness and some trim panels.

fyi, this is info for everyone a fact about comanches is that the limited production of them is brought on by two facts. A the dodge dakota was pushed to sell more by chrysler, and B comanches were produced on cherokee assembly lines in tangem to cherokees. there was some retooling required, but the production of xj's was so high and so was demand, that the comanche was put on the back burner.

I sure wish there were more MJ parts out there, BUT I am perfectly happy with the limited quantity of them...that's part of what adds the character and intrigue.