Franks

Warthog

You could always see if they would take a picture of the part with a piece of paper saying today's date on it. Or a newspaper from today, or something along those lines.

Y’all should be taking any Facebook “parts” business as a scam. It’s easy to sucker you in. As much as I’d hate to say it, I’d avoid those Jeep selling groups unless it’s something regulated like I know one of the Comanche groups has a dedicated selling page. 

I have had a lot of good luck with Kody's parts Emporium. Also, there are several great jeep ebay sellers. jeepcemetery, Timbukthree and romi_2671 to name some. There are a lot of parts that make a vehicle. I've had some success asking ebay sellers for a specific parts and they have occasionally had it but it was not listed on ebay yet.

Also, the folks on here are great. I've purchased many parts off guys here and the wanted thread helps. It looks like some sale pages are old, but folks tend to respond frequently to messages.

Good luck!

Their pics are from all over the states and Canada. I did message the page, and they confirmed that they are in Chicago, which matches a google search, but looking at the street view and satellite, they don't look like the kind of place with an online presence, and definitely not a place that does specialty part-outs. Someone can call the junkyard and ask. Or if anyone is local to Chicago they could drop by.

Lots of scams pulling pictures from Copart auctions lately, in all kinds of groups. If you’re seeing copart stickers (or some other online auction) on the vehicle in question you can usually search the auction number and find the old listing. If the pictures are straight from the listing or it’s not within reasonable driving distance of where buddy says the parts are, it’s probably a scam. No one trying to make money is burning $500 on fuel to go get a wrecked car. 

From what I saw somewhere else, Frank's is a legitimate business, but someone on Facebook, ETC is spoofing them with a scam account. I'll only buy from known forum members, eBay or a legitimate business website, (until they start spoofing those ). Nearly everything on Facebook or IG is a scam using photos collected from real sellers on Marketplace and such. I hate scammers!