Wheel safe

Jesse J

September 25, 2023 I rolled my jeep down a 300 foot hill broke my neck and ended up quadriplegic. 

The long story is me and my friend went off Roading in American Fork Canyon the main trails were closed off, so we decided to go hiking. On our way back we decided to hike up the trails to see why they were closed. We passed in a CK Chevy who said he was headed up to Silver lake reservoir So me and my buddy headed up with him and his buddy up about a half mile to an upper reservoir and found this skinny dirt road. I was ahead, and there was a group of ATVs coming in the opposite direction In trying to negotiate the pass, I pulled forward and the dirt slid out behind my passenger rear tire and apparently I didn’t notice ( I don’t remember much of the accident) ended up rolling probably eight or nine times down the hill. My friend hopped out of his jeep and ran after me turned my truck off and helped me stabilize my breathing, radio for life flight. Paramedics ended up, wrenching my doors off pulling me out putting me on an F150 bring me me down the trail putting on the helicopter.

Spent five days in the ICU before heading to the Nielsen rehab center at the University of Utah. I spent nine weeks there and have spent almost 4 weeks home as of typing this. I’m eternally grateful for my friends and family supporting me through this. I’m even more grateful for my amazing physical and occupational therapist at rehab.

I have a C6 spinal injury I have movement in my wrists and my biceps shoulders and a tiny little in my triceps. Right now I’m just trying to get to a point where I can head back to school in January and finish up my senior year. 

Bought the jeep back from insurance from what I’ve heard the drivetrain is a really great condition still, my buddies say that they’ll help me part it out so if you want pieces, you can DM me! 

00652A6D-7462-4A34-9D38-445EB020765A.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

28 minutes ago, jeff351 said:

holy cow! Not sure how you survived that one!

Prayers to you for a full recovery

I appreciate the words, but it is very unlikely I’ll ever be able to walk again not to mention, move my hands again. 

I’m so incredibly grateful to have survived

Hey Jessie, again I’m very sorry to hear about your accident, and am very glad your still with us, like others have said don’t be a stranger, your permanently in the Comanche family. I’ll be sure to add you to my prayers, and I’m hopeful that your recovery goes as well as possible, Just this year I had 2 friends of mine that doctors told would never wake up or walk and talk again after major accidents, just to have one wake up and return to his normal life with minor complications, and the other on a great road to recovery. I wish you the same as them, let us know if there is ever anything you need us to do.

-Jake 

It's a miracle you survived that. I'll keep you in my prayers. It's wonderful to know that you are keeping a positive attitude. My grandmother always taught us that what's important is not what happens to us, it's how we respond to it that matters.

• 1 month later...

I thought you might want to see this video:

https://www.google.com/search?q=exoskeleton&oq=exoske&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqEggAEAAYQxiDARixAxiABBiKBTISCAAQABhDGIMBGLEDGIAEGIoFMgYIARBFGDkyBggCEAAYAzIHCAMQABiABDINCAQQABiDARixAxiABDIKCAUQABixAxiABDIHCAYQABiABDINCAcQABiDARixAxiABDIHCAgQABiABDINCAkQABiDARixAxiABKgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:98e9be7f,vid:WuG_11qK9x8,st:0

The military has exoskeletons in-process for unimpaired solders to enable them to carry more weight in the field.

Think of the CC as extended family and part of your support group.  Everyone here wants things to be as good as can be for you.  It has been over a month since you let us know about you.  Give us a shout.

Stay strong Jesse and keep your positive attitude. What an unfortunate situation. Glad you made it through to tell the story. You are in the thoughts of me and my family. Do you have a go fund me? I’m sure most people here are willing to help.