All I want for Christmas is ...

a Renix scan tool!!!!!!! :grinyes:

Looks like @NickInTimeFilms won't have any scanners in the foreseeable future and trying to cobble together a Snap-on set is pricey and kind-of difficult.

Are there no other options? I'm not finding anything that I think may work, but I'm not savvy with this stuff.

1 hour ago, NC Tom said:

a Renix scan tool!!!!!!! :grinyes:

Looks like @NickInTimeFilms won't have any scanners in the foreseeable future and trying to cobble together a Snap-on set is pricey and kind-of difficult.

Are there no other options? I'm not finding anything that I think may work, but I'm not savvy with this stuff.

I'm pretty sure that he still has the clock units. He was having a difficult time getting boards for the original style, but he said he recently found a batch, but it will probably be the last one. Not sure what the ETA is on those units though. I know he plans on taking some time off because of his new child on the way, so you might want to contact him ASAP. He posts updates on his Facebook page.

47 minutes ago, Htchevyii said:

I'm pretty sure that he still has the clock units. He was having a difficult time getting boards for the original style, but he said he recently found a batch, but it will probably be the last one. Not sure what the ETA is on those units though. I know he plans on taking some time off because of his new child on the way, so you might want to contact him ASAP. He posts updates on his Facebook page.

^ All of this.

I've got REM Clock panels in stock hopefully until the end of the year which are diagnostically the same as the Square REM.
I actually was able to secure a large batch of chips for the square REMs recently so I should be able to bring them back into production around summer '24.
I'll be away for Winter '24 so get any orders in before then.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I do have a busted REM tool….doesn’t power on. I think I shorted it. 

I repair REMs as well so don't be shy, haven't met one I wasn't able to fix yet.

21 hours ago, NickInTimeFilms said:

I mean, you can definitely use it handheld fine, it just won't be easy to soft mount anywhere else.

Okay, you sold me, order placed!

Used the last of my Christmas bonus, but I'm sure it will be totally worth it! :thanks:

17 minutes ago, pizzaman09 said:

I utilized mine in a handheld function, really it sat well I'm the center console behind my shifter quite well for a while.  Eventually I pulled apart the dash and installed it permanently, which I absolutely love.

Yeah. I'm thinking I may do a proper install.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NC Tom said:

Woohoo!!! I got it! Pretty well made by @NickInTimeFilms. Not installed yet. I may sand it a little to get the printer marks off. :thanks::jammin:

Let us know what data you find!

As for the sanding, best of luck. These 3D printers are a constant chore to keep dialed in and pretty.

Some tips I can give are that Acetone vapor can help smooth the ABS plastic, and Super Glue works wonders if anything ever snaps. The glued joint will be even stronger than before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, NickInTimeFilms said:

As for the sanding, best of luck. These 3D printers are a constant chore to keep dialed in and pretty.

Some tips I can give are that Acetone vapor can help smooth the ABS plastic, and Super Glue works wonders if anything ever snaps. The glued joint will be even stronger than before.

Yeah, Nick, I'm looking at it now and will be posting images soon as my brain is not wired to understand these "cryptic" messages. :confused::laugh:

On 12/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, NickInTimeFilms said:

Just to be clear, you asked for it.

So, I have an inconsistent crank but no start condition that is driving me insane. All of my fuel delivery components are new from earlier this year. I understand that "new" doesn't always mean working.

Started and ran fine until the weather started getting colder. Battery was five years old, replaced it due to sluggish performance and age. Issue was better, but not solved. Difficult to crank in the morning, no issues for the day after first start. Took it to a garage and they could not reproduce the issue. Sat there for a week. They did clean the IAC based on a hunch, but still no bueno.

Did some searches here for similar posts and that led me to ordering the REM II v5 from @NickInTimeFilms because the other posts I found were all over the place and I was hoping Nick's REM would really help me focus in on the problem.

The images below are all with the engine off and cold. Two lit the "dummy light", and even though I am a dummy, I don't know what it's telling me. Could the yellow light flags be part of the no start?

Universally, what does "r" and "m" mean on the left of the screens? I haven't been able to find "IAT" or "iO" in the manual.

If there is a source that breaks down what's on the screens, please share. I have not found it yet. I know I can get the hang of it after a bit of hand-holding.

Screen 81st.jpg

Screen CTS.jpg

Screen IAT.jpg

Screen iO Rich.jpg

Screen MAP1.jpg

Screen Rich 2.jpg

Screen TPS.jpg

Screen VLT.jpg

"IAT"

Should be, Intake Air Temperature.

"r" looks like RAW values. Meaning what the ECU actually sees/reads.

"m" looks like minimum/maximum values as see by the ECU yet stored and displayed on the REM. Used for troubleshooting purposes.

iO ???

The images below are all with the engine off and cold.

I know you're fighting a no-start, but all I can say is be careful with the readings you get when the engine is off. The Renix data definitely has a few quarks to learn so you aren't chasing your tail on data that doesn't update or display right.

One example is the o2 sensor, it does not correctly report unless running.
Another is that ECU Voltage will show 0v unless running.

I try to make notes of anything odd on my updated readouts summary page here: https://nickintimedesign.com/rem-gauge-readouts/

Maybe while I'm away I can push myself to make some fuller documentation about the more hidden features of the REM.

Universally, what does "r" and "m" mean on the left of the screens?

On the Diagnose Screen there are a few different views you can access. 
- Top Left is the Info option. Clicking this will cycle through a few little notes about each sensor.

- Bottom Left is the Mode option. Clicking through this will cycle a few tracking options, such as detailed info, sensor Min/Max, and sensor graphing.

Note: While the Min/Max view is up, the i button will change to r for Reset, incase you want to reset the min/max reading for that sensor.

As for the dummy lights, nothing useful there since o2 is inaccurate when engine is off. The datastream looks a little goofed since the ST fuel trim isn't 128 even though it's in Open loop.

Try clicking over to Sensor Tests > No-Start Tester and see what still remains after a crank. I'm betting it'll probably say CPS, but that doesn't exactly mean the CPS is dead, just that the ECU is not sending a spark signal to ICM yet.

19 hours ago, NickInTimeFilms said:

I know you're fighting a no-start, but all I can say is be careful with the readings you get when the engine is off. The Renix data definitely has a few quarks to learn so you aren't chasing your tail on data that doesn't update or display right.

One example is the o2 sensor, it does not correctly report unless running.
Another is that ECU Voltage will show 0v unless running.

I try to make notes of anything odd on my updated readouts summary page here: https://nickintimedesign.com/rem-gauge-readouts/

Maybe while I'm away I can push myself to make some fuller documentation about the more hidden features of the REM.

On the Diagnose Screen there are a few different views you can access. 
- Top Left is the Info option. Clicking this will cycle through a few little notes about each sensor.

- Bottom Left is the Mode option. Clicking through this will cycle a few tracking options, such as detailed info, sensor Min/Max, and sensor graphing.

Note: While the Min/Max view is up, the i button will change to r for Reset, incase you want to reset the min/max reading for that sensor.

As for the dummy lights, nothing useful there since o2 is inaccurate when engine is off. The datastream looks a little goofed since the ST fuel trim isn't 128 even though it's in Open loop.

Try clicking over to Sensor Tests > No-Start Tester and see what still remains after a crank. I'm betting it'll probably say CPS, but that doesn't exactly mean the CPS is dead, just that the ECU is not sending a spark signal to ICM yet.

All great info to remember. Thank you!

I'll do the "No-Start Tester" later today and post the results here.

22 hours ago, NickInTimeFilms said:

Ok. I can't find "Sensor Tests". Is there better documentation somewhere? I watched "What is Renix Engine Monitor Demo" vid, but no info.