All I want for Christmas is ...

1 minute ago, NC Tom said:

Ok. I can't find "Sensor Tests". Is there better documentation somewhere? I watched "What is Renix Engine Monitor Demo" vid, but no info.

Home > Diagnose > Tests > Engine No-Start.
The 2nd line of gibberish is the first letter of each test. They will disappear one by one as they pass so whatever is left is a possible issue. Scroll down to see full text of each remaining issue.

I think I have a V0.9 software walkthrough, but I need to get full documentation together. If we ask enough questions here then we can just make this the wiki :laugh:.

Just now, NickInTimeFilms said:

The 2nd line of gibberish is the first letter of each test. They will disappear one by one as they pass so whatever is left is a possible issue. Scroll down to see full text of each remaining issue.

I think I have a V0.9 software walkthrough, but I need to get full documentation together. If we ask enough questions here then we can just make this the wiki :laugh:.

Cool! I know you have a lot going on and need this right now, however, I really appreciate it.

On 12/31/2023 at 2:36 PM, NickInTimeFilms said:

Well, I found "Engine No-Start", but from there I couldn't figure out what to do. I didn't see any testing happening or passing during crank and no list to scroll down afterwards.

To me, it wasn't intuitive. I'm sure I am looking for this box function in ways it can't function. I'm left-handed and right-brained, I suck at math and reading schematics. I can't even get an amplifier hooked into my stock radio because my brain turns to goo :drool: when I see all those numbers and lines. However, if you ever need a bowl carved from a log or a table made from a slab of wood then, I'm your guy! :L:

Some of the info I get, but nothing showing me why I am having really loooooong crank times, occasional stalling and a rough idle when in park. That info may be there, but I missed it.

VIDEO REMOVED DUE TO TECHNICAL ERROR

Lastly, it did finally catch and start and was running through the vid. The basic issue is a long regular engine turnover, a sudden bog down like the battery is dead, and then it starts.

Go figure. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, NC Tom said:

has 20 mins to kill, you can watch this vid of me mumbling and fumbling through the menus

I'm definitely trying to fit way more onto a 16x2 screen then I should be which leads to complex and incomplete menus like the No-Start. 

The video you posted is mirrored which will make for some tough watching, but regardless I am absolutely excited to watch you try and figure out the menus. That kind of stuff tremendously helps me make better and easier to use software.

I will however have to watch it possibly in the next few days as my flight is tomorrow and I still need to pack. 

UPDATE: I was able to rip it from Youtube and flip it on my computer at least.

Edited by NickInTimeFilms
Update

3 minutes ago, NickInTimeFilms said:

I'm definitely trying to fit way more onto a 16x2 screen then I should be which leads to complex and incomplete menus like the No-Start. 

The video you posted is mirrored which will make for some tough watching, but regardless I am absolutely excited to watch you try and figure out the menus. That kind of stuff tremendously helps me make better and easier to use software.

I will however have to watch it possibly in the next few days as my flight is tomorrow and I still need to pack. 

Haha! I'm trying to figure out why it is mirrored. Never seen that before.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2024 at 2:43 PM, NickInTimeFilms said:

@NickInTimeFilms, were you able to glean any info from my video?

Also, is there a suggested outlet/path to run the cable through the cab?

1 hour ago, NC Tom said:

Sorry about the lag, parenthood has been dragging me through the ringer this last month.

The website link earlier explains the readings that aren't on the booklet, but I didn't think to add the more spelled out ones from the Readings menu.

Finally got to watch the video, and I see the confusion. The clock panel definitely isn't the "easy" model to use by the odd button layout as you can tell. But as requested, I've attached a picture of how the buttons are mapped to the screen. The positions never change so you can trust what's top or bottom.

Sounds like you got the Gauge screen figured out, but each of the 4 corners have their own loop of the same data cycle. So you can use any corner to click through the entire set of data.

As far as the data I saw, nothing major stuck out to me. The only problem child I saw was your IAC Turns reading showed < 0 which means the ECU was continuously trying to lower the idle but was unsuccessful with the IAC. The odd thing about this is your idle RPM was under 700 so I'm not sure why it wanted to go lower. Usually that kind of reading means your IAC is stuck, leaking, or you have other vacuum leaks that the IAC can't adjust out.

You o2 sensor was swinging nicely, and your ST Short Term Fuel Trims looks great, nearly right on target. Good news for healthy closed loop.

TPS reading was a little low at 12% when 17% is the norm, but it's almost not worth adjusting for such a little offset. If you do decided to dig into this, pull the battery cables once you're done to reset the ECU so it doesn't try to idle funny on you.

Not sure if you were holding the brake for that entire video, but if you weren't then the TCU brake switch needs to be adjusted as it's not making contact with the pedal lever anymore. All this affects is torque converter lockup on the highway though.

I know that doesn't answer your hard start or lumpy idle, but what I can say is that it's probably not sensor related as everything seems to be reading nicely. That means it might be more mechanical which requires the hands on kind of diagnosing.

If you want, open up the No-Start Test and record it when you're having a hard time starting. That can help us narrow down what's missing sensor wise at least.

REM Clock Buttons.jpg

1 hour ago, NC Tom said:

Best spot is one of the firewall grommets by the steering column, then up and over the map sensor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 3:53 PM, NickInTimeFilms said:

Best spot is one of the firewall grommets by the steering column, then up and over the map sensor.

Thanks for all the info, Nick. Sorry my reply is so late, something is going on with the Comanche Club site or my aging Mac, but I cannot log in without having to change my password every time. Anyway, that's that.

I had found the Start Test, but couldn't figure out what is does. Do you have a video on that procedure? Just like with the buttons, I'm sure it's easy, I just get really frustrated with tech in my old age. :brickwall:

32 minutes ago, NC Tom said:

Thanks for all the info, Nick. Sorry my reply is so late, something is going on with the Comanche Club site or my aging Mac, but I cannot log in without having to change my password every time. Anyway, that's that.

I had found the Start Test, but couldn't figure out what is does. Do you have a video on that procedure? Just like with the buttons, I'm sure it's easy, I just get really frustrated with tech in my old age. :brickwall:

You need to sign in with your email now instead of your username. Its some security thing