1990 Comanche LWB Pioneer 29k Original Miles - BaT

I dug through the pictures and it's not as clean as I would have hoped for such a low mileage truck.  The repaint isn't terrible, but there's a handful of areas of overspray and I'm not sure if the emblems were removed for paint.  On top of that, the undercarriage is caked with undercoating, fluid film, and some odd rust areas (spare wheel, front axle, oil pan).

Really surprised it's only 29k miles.  That's an average of 1k miles per year since new.  Seems a bit suspect, but the Carfax checks out.

It also has no catalytic converter.  Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what it sells for.

Just now, Car Enthusiast said:

Blows my mind that they would throw those ugly Wrangler wheels on there instead of getting a nice set of turbines on there. That would be worth way more to me

Agreed.  Even as someone with Wrangler wheels themselves :laugh:, when you have something that pristine it makes sense to keep it as original as possible.  

I like the "ugly" Wrangler wheels.  This will be one to watch, but the more you look at it, the more suspect it becomes.  Both bumpers are misaligned. 

No Reserve: 1990 Jeep Comanche Pioneer 4×4

An undeniably nice profile.

No Reserve: 1990 Jeep Comanche Pioneer 4×4

Sold for $18,000.

The twisted bumper and plow bracket explains why the bumpers don't fit right too. I'd be worried about the floors knowing that it was a plow truck.

Wow.  That thing definitely wasn’t in as clean condition previously.

Likely was used as a plow truck on a small lot somewhere which equates to the low miles.

The underbody was also a bit concerning with the oil and spots of rust.

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum in over 12 years. Couldn't find my login info, so I had to create a new profile.

I am the new owner of this 1990 MJ and will pick it up on Sunday. 

This will be my 12th Jeep and 3rd MJ overall. My first was a 1988 Chief that I purchased new from Pearl Street Motors in Braintree, MA, so I do have some cred.

The purchase price was a bit higher than I wanted to pay, but outside the front suspension noise and the inoperative a/c, the other flaws are small potatoes and easily corrected. Trust me when I say, this truck is absolutely stunning looking inside and out.

Very excited to get going and I'll share my work and hopefully get some help from you guys on this forum!

Rob G.

8 hours ago, MJkid90 said:

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum in over 12 years. Couldn't find my login info, so I had to create a new profile.

Do you remember your screen name? I should be able to find it and merge it with this new one. :L: