Rarest paint schemes

Peanut_butter_mj

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, jpnjake said:

A0643FF0-C871-4A8F-9B2C-04D6C5265005.jpeg

Anyone have pictures of this Pioneer decal? Don’t think I’ve ever seen it. Looks kinda cool. My first MJ is a ‘91 Pioneer, but it’s been resprayed… badly. My other ‘91 still has the original paint, but someone peeled the sport truck squiggle off. Paints not burnt off so badly where it was. 

24 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Anyone have pictures of this Pioneer decal? Don’t think I’ve ever seen it. Looks kinda cool. My first MJ is a ‘91 Pioneer, but it’s been resprayed… badly. My other ‘91 still has the original paint, but someone peeled the sport truck squiggle off. Paints not burnt off so badly where it was. 

@acfortier has one with those Pioneer stripes. 

1 hour ago, gogmorgo said:

image.jpeg

Dreading the day I want to repaint my truck since I don't know if I'll be able to replace the decals...

10 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Two of these kits for a left side long bed left. If I order this I can send it to Phoenix graphics and have them copy it. 

Oh, that'd be EPIC! I wonder if they'd be able to make a short bed one from the long bed kit.

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

I will order the decals next week. The only thing that can not be had new is the pioneer decal. 

I wonder if they'd be able to work with the one that's already on my Comanche. Are the hood decals still kicking around?

Actually, I just realized, Phoenix Graphics is located in Nashua, NH. I could probably reach out and bring my truck to them...

5 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

My great great grandfather said this one came with the rails back in '87. I have looked online at other trucks and seen a very few handful that has these. I have my window sticker that came with the truck. I'll look at it when I have time. He did install aftermarket fog lights which I know aren't factory. But that's what he told me just weeks before he passed away early December 

That is wide open awesome that not only do you have his truck but he lived long enough for you to know him and you are old enough to drive.

37 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Anyone know if there were different colour options? Don’t know if they would’ve stuck black on a Midnight Blue (PB8) truck or not. 

I want to say there was silver too, but I can’t recall for sure. 

Yeah he was very pleased with me giving it the love and attention it needed. The truck sat for almost 4 years barely ran any. So I took it and did odd and end stuff to it. Still am. Fighting a what seems to be a Neverending uphill battle with radiators cracking and forming small holes on it. But progress has been made. He was 96 last December when he passed. So he got to see it fixed up a bit after it sat for so long. Even when I was a child I always told him I loved that truck and when I was older I wanted it. He'd just chuckle and tell me "maybe one day". Well. October 31st of 2020 was that one day. And he got to see it transform and life being breathed back into it. I'm even thinking of having it repainted in his name but fear about the decals not being available 

7 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

@FrankTheDogthat green Ford now belongs to my stepfather. He bought it off the guy not long after this picture. Maybe a week or two after? It's a super nice truck. A project at that but super nice. When I'm parked beside it it makes my truck look like a toy truck lol

My 78 evaporated into a pile of rust 25 or more years ago.

My 92 wasn’t looking much better when I sold it 5 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Classy Comanche said:

Yeah he was very pleased with me giving it the love and attention it needed. The truck sat for almost 4 years barely ran any. So I took it and did odd and end stuff to it. Still am. Fighting a what seems to be a Neverending uphill battle with radiators cracking and forming small holes on it. But progress has been made. He was 96 last December when he passed. So he got to see it fixed up a bit after it sat for so long. Even when I was a child I always told him I loved that truck and when I was older I wanted it. He'd just chuckle and tell me "maybe one day". Well. October 31st of 2020 was that one day. And he got to see it transform and life being breathed back into it. I'm even thinking of having it repainted in his name but fear about the decals not being available 

He would want you to make it yours; paint it to your liking.  Regarding the radiator, you just need a cookie jar. When you have enough money in it, buy a new radiator and you won't have those same problems.  

GGGF was 96 and sure had a nice run.  How old is his favorite GS?

Great Great Grandfather!? You’re a fortunate man to have been able to spend time with him.

My Dad’s dad passed away in 1953, 11 years before l was born and my Great Grandfather passed away in 1923, he was born in 1852. My GGGF would’ve been born in the 1820’s or 30’s. If he was still alive when l was born he would’ve been in his 130’s or so.

He lived and died in Sweden.

3 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Two of these kits for a left side long bed left. If I order this I can send it to Phoenix graphics and have them copy it. 

2 of them, eh?  I'm sure they'd only need the one which means the other needs a home.  :D 

@Manche757that's the thing I've bought 2 aluminum radiators off rockauto that are the "premium" ones. They are all the way down at the bottom of the list. For an I6. Ain't worth a flip so buyers please be aware. The one I have now purchased is from my local Napa. It looks to be the "UAC" Eliminator one on there. I have a thread going on about that. It's a headache. It's discouraging but I'm getting through. He was proud of me then and I'm sure is now. I've tied up.....a lot of money in rads already having 2 put in and leak going on my 3rd. I've been pulling out of my cookie jar but man, one day I'm afraid I'll reach in and get stuck or find nothing there. I'm just hoping 3rd times the charm.