MJ Happy Camper

What do you do with an extra NOS chrome MJ bumper (thanks G)?

Put it on the MJ trailer of course!!! Also added a step bumper receiver in case I ever want to haul a basket.

image.jpeg.dbbbf566025e8e62fd12b7d28e8df484.jpeg

I made a couple of brackets out of 1/4" steel plate and attached them to the brackets on the trailer and the bumper.

Outside view:

image.jpeg.796ca1ae92acbdad707ad7b73c9f42d2.jpeg

Inside view:image.jpeg.337d8ce3fe8fc833e0ac4f04b75508f1.jpeg

The trailer brackets are 42" apart while the bumper attachment points are 45" apart, so I used 1 1/4" zinc plated perforated square tube spacers on each side making up the 3" disparity (two 1 1/4" spacers and two 1/4" brackets = 3"), there's actually another spacer behind the one in the picture below for the lower rear bolt (it’s poking out in the above pic).

image.jpeg.8585cd84b0a6406110dcb2ccc1baf341.jpeg

It was fun doing this in 105°+ weather the last three days. Now back to the third brake light.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got the third brake light installed, found a single light with split left/right signals. Here it is in action:

lights on, left, right, hazard

brake on, left, right, hazard

just left, right, hazard

3 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Thanks @Eagle_SX4 it was your idea for the dual light from my other post:L:, I didn’t know they existed.🙏🏼

Your welcome and honestly I didn't know they existed either. Just thought it would be a good solution. Glad you found one.

• 1 month later...

Finally got out camping this year, only took until fall.:( Went to New Melones lake again since it was quiet, peaceful and devoid of humans last year. It didn’t disappoint, even fewer people, lots of wildlife, mountain lion warnings (didn’t see any) and GREAT weather, around 90°. We even spotted a space capsule.:laugh:

IMG_4355.jpeg

IMG_4356.jpeg

IMG_4360.jpeg

IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4374.jpeg

IMG_0921.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0976.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...