MJ Happy Camper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in business! Used 1/4” polycarbonate that I had to thin down the perimeter a hair with my router for it to fit the channel. Now good as new, just need the CC bling to finish it off. May have to add a little window tint to darken it a bit more, their “solar gray” was lighter than I expected.

IMG_2743.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed the stainless latches, it was a pain in the a$$. I used stainless rivets for the lower brackets but there wasn’t enough room to get my riveter to work properly with the upper ones. I ended up using stainless allen head screws and washers/nylock nuts after countersinking the inside.

Before:

IMG_2821.jpeg
After:

IMG_2822.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today is the Happy Camper’s one year anniversary of being here in California, it’s been a great year! Today I removed the propane storage box shelves so I could add a fire extinguisher and have enough room for the dual propane valves/hoses and the sink brackets. I also made a liner for the bottom from a piece of the other half of the bed mat that’s in the camper.

Before (Ben’s pic):

IMG_3246.jpeg

After:

IMG_3252.jpeg

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Pete M said:

you... blacked out 2 locations you plastered onto your trailer? :thinking:

Yeah, the first is where it came from (Ben’s place) and the second is where it lives (my place), thought it best not to post those exact locations.:))