CA Emissions -- least fun state in the union

Gjeep

I've been working in California for the last year or so. Still live in NC. I'm just blown away at all the draconian rules, taxes and fees you have to pay there. My job takes me all over the country. Seattle and NYC come close but nothing tops California. Company I work for can't even send certain pieces of equipment there that's used throughout the rest of the country. Just flat out banned.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

There is a family that I know that made it onto a game show and won a large sum of money. It was filmed in California.  By the time they got done paying all the taxes involved they got less than a 1/3 of what they won.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I mean ehhh. We have been cracking down on that stuff a bit harder lately. 

Well, yeah, but compared to California, New York, New Jersey and the like, AZ is a shining beacon of freedom haha!  I think it really boils down to proximity; people leaving CA don't want to go very far.  AZ is second in net migration rate only to Nevada, which seems to support that.

8 minutes ago, scaleless said:

Well, yeah, but compared to California, New York, New Jersey and the like, AZ is a shining beacon of freedom haha!  I think it really boils down to proximity; people leaving CA don't want to go very far.  AZ is second in net migration rate only to Nevada, which seems to support that.

That is true I’ll give you that. 

You could come down to backwoods Tennessee. I'm fully of the belief that some of the people around here have started breeding with vegetables, but hey - no emissions OR safety testing to register vehicles!

Florida, specifically northern/panhandle area, including Southern GA.  Thats whats happening.  Wife and I just got back from our 5th trip down there in the last couple years.  Yeah, there are some faults, like everywhere, but probably in about 6-7years I'm thinking thats where we're going to migrate to.  Either that or St. Croix.