1988 Comanche Pioneer

On 12/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, MiNi Beast said:

Hey I'm in Michigan and in need of some better doors. Just putting that out there, willing to travel. I CAN bring beer. :beerchug:

ill be getting the 97-01 doors installed in a few weeks on the truck if youre still looking! where in the UP are you located? my family has a place in SSM so I'm up there pretty often. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

ill be getting the 97-01 doors installed in a few weeks on the truck if youre still looking! where in the UP are you located? my family has a place in SSM so I'm up there pretty often. 

Just outside Marquette. I thought you sold them already? 🤔

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

Just outside Marquette. I thought you sold them already? 🤔

I sold the set of half doors but I have the set of full doors that ill be listing once I get the 97 doors on! I figured you were referring to being interested in the full doors since you said your current ones arent in good shape

8 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

I sold the set of half doors but I have the set of full doors that ill be listing once I get the 97 doors on! I figured you were referring to being interested in the full doors since you said your current ones arent in good shape

Gotcha. Yeah I'm interested for sure. Thanks

It was a busy day for the Comanche. Dropped it off for an alignment last night picked it up and took it to a muffler shop to get the exhaust fixed up. It ended up needing some welding for leaks and adding a few hangers so it no longer rests on the cross member. Ended up getting a new power steering pump and installing that as well. I'll be dropping it off to get a few more things welded and it should be good to go for the summer. Only 1 small issue left that I need to fix is a slight knocking sound at idle. From what I've seen online it's probably a flex head bolt. Besides that it runs and drives great got a few complements on it today when I was washing it! 

Snapchat-621416126~2.jpg

22 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

It was a busy day for the Comanche. Dropped it off for an alignment last night picked it up and took it to a muffler shop to get the exhaust fixed up. It ended up needing some welding for leaks and adding a few hangers so it no longer rests on the cross member. Ended up getting a new power steering pump and installing that as well. I'll be dropping it off to get a few more things welded and it should be good to go for the summer. Only 1 small issue left that I need to fix is a slight knocking sound at idle. From what I've seen online it's probably a flex head bolt. Besides that it runs and drives great got a few complements on it today when I was washing it! 

Snapchat-621416126~2.jpg

Looks nice in solid black, and those wheels are getting the job done.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 6:24 AM, watchamakalit said:

I believe he meant "flex plate bolt".

Yes I meant flex plate bolts 

On 5/2/2022 at 7:15 AM, MiNi Beast said:

Awe yes, that has been a issue for me before. Easy enough to check them as well. :doh::driving::comancheB:

hoping that the issue for me since itd be easier than pulling the transmission and changing it. ill have those full doors off by next weekend and should be back in sault ste marie in a few weeks if youre still interested 

9 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

Yes I meant flex plate bolts 

hoping that the issue for me since itd be easier than pulling the transmission and changing it. ill have those full doors off by next weekend and should be back in sault ste marie in a few weeks if youre still interested 

Right on. Yeah I'm in Marquette area these days so can swing out some weekend here maybe we have a a BBQ or something as well. :beerbang:

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

The ACC carpet is good. Their vinyl flooring is not. ACC seems to be the only producer of the carpet and it’s much cheaper on RockAuto. 

Good to know I saw they had 2 different options and was wondering if anyone else made a carpet for the Comanches or not. Sounds like I'll go with the non vinyl. Hopefully it's not too awful to install! 

On 10/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, TieDyeJK8 said:

Good to know I saw they had 2 different options and was wondering if anyone else made a carpet for the Comanches or not. Sounds like I'll go with the non vinyl. Hopefully it's not too awful to install! 

biggest tips I've read about installation is let it warm up in the sun first, then start in the middle and work out.  also, don't cut any of the edges until you happy with everything.  :L: 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While in Arkansas came across this MJ trailer. Bed, tailgate, tail lights and underneath were super clean. Like new tires I couldn't resist and ended up towing it all the way back to Michigan. Still have to register it and rewire the trailer lights (couldn't get running lights to work) Probably going to make this into a little camper and use it behind with my jeeps 

20230601_164829.jpg