1988 Comanche Pioneer

On 10/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, LeagalizeBingo said:

Where did you find a headliner? 
also do you have a brand of those half doors?

I bought it new from SMS headliners. where are you located? the doors were actually custom made but Ill probably end up selling them cheap/giving them away since Ill be changing the striker plate on my MJ to the XJ striker plate for the 97+ door swap. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

I bought it new from SMS headliners. where are you located? the doors were actually custom made but Ill probably end up selling them cheap/giving them away since Ill be changing the striker plate on my MJ to the XJ striker plate for the 97+ door swap. 

Id be interested in them if he isn't.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:44 AM, TieDyeJK8 said:

I’m in louisiana 

Where are you located, maybe we can work something out 

14 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

I'm located in Mid Michigan! So 1000 miles away 😂

I see whatyamakalit is a lot closer so if I miss out, so be it. 
I do have a buddy who is a hotshot driver- and I told him if he heads to your region of the states to let me know, THEN maybe we can arrange something 😂

• 1 month later...

Big changes/upgrades coming to the MJ! Bought a Borla header for the MJ a few weeks ago since ill be getting a full exhaust for it. I also installed a set of Metalcloak dual rated XJ springs and noticed that the drivers side is a good inch taller than the passangers side because the spring isolator was shot. ordered a pair of those along with a rough country long arm kit for the front. I figured that would be a nice upgrade over the factory control arms. 

More photos will be uploaded when I get the long arm kit installed. Also Pulled the trigger on the key Comanche tail light lenses. I have a very nice set of oem lights I plan to use for a Comanche bed trailer but the current lenses on my MJ are pretty rough. The previous owner trimmed the tail light backing so the 97+ xj tail light plugs would fit so instead of ruining the set I bought for a trailer buying these lenses should work out great. $200 is pretty pricy but I'll be the guinea pig for the group.

Snapchat-817361705~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211228-155502_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211227-221331_Photos.jpg

3 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Hey I'm in Michigan and in need of some better doors. Just putting that out there, willing to travel. I CAN bring beer. :beerchug:

I'll let you know when I get the 97+ doors on. I planned to throw the current doors up for cheap on marketplace.

25a.jpg

3 hours ago, scguy said:

Is that the Uphill Mfg rear bumper? How do you like it? More pics? 

The tails look fantastic. 

Thanks guys! 

It is the uphill mfg bumper and for the price I couldn't beat it. I really wanted a JCR read bumper but they stopped making them so when I was looking for other options this one was the best fit. It's fairly plain, a good price and the guy lives 20 minutes away from me! 

20220106_150056_02.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, EUREKA said:

I know you don't have pics, but how did you do it?

I used my Dremel tool I bought from harbor freight and cut the old lense out. Took awhile to do it but just make sure you get all the red lense out one way or another. Used an adhesive and bonded them together. it's a pretty simple process but does take a bit of time to do.